* How to refer to remote table, in another file, as a source block variable?
@ 2020-08-07 19:27 William Denton
From: William Denton @ 2020-08-07 19:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I can't figure this one out.  Let's say I have a table in an Org file, like so:

# -----

* Primes

#+NAME: test_table
| number | prime |
|--------+-------|
| two    | yes   |
| three  | yes   |
| four   | no    |

# -----

In another file, I want to bring this table into a source block as a variable.
If it was the same file, I'd say ":var t=test_table" and that's that.  But
what's the syntax for a different file?  I can't figure it out from the docs [1]
and none of my attempts with quotes, file:, etc. work.  It's something like
this, isn't it?  But what?

#+begin_src R :var t=(remote(table.org::*Primes))
#+end_src

Thanks,

Bill

[1] https://orgmode.org/manual/References.html#References