* importing external files as LaTeX module
@ 2010-06-16  8:49 Soichi Ishida
From: Soichi Ishida @ 2010-06-16  8:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi. I have recently started using org-mode.

I wanted to import external files into the outline like,

[[file:./external1.txt]]

org-mode created the hyperlink to the file.
Then I have exported it as a LaTeX file, which gives

\subsubsection{\href{file:///home/soichi/Dropbox/Org/external1.txt}{file:./external1.txt}}

But it does not compile the linked file as a part of dvi file (eventually a PDF file).  It only shows

"file:./external.txt"

in PDF.
Could I possibly import the content of the external file as a part of LaTeX?

soichi

* Re: importing external files as LaTeX module
@ 2010-06-16  9:50 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2010-06-16  9:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Soichi Ishida; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Wed, 16 Jun 2010 17:49:22 +0900, Soichi Ishida <zau_777_emacs@kki.biglobe.ne.jp> wrote:

> Hi. I have recently started using org-mode.
>
> I wanted to import external files into the outline like,
>
> [[file:./external1.txt]]
>
> org-mode created the hyperlink to the file.
> Then I have exported it as a LaTeX file, which gives
>
> \subsubsection{\href{file:///home/soichi/Dropbox/Org/external1.txt}{file:./external1.txt}}
>
> But it does not compile the linked file as a part of dvi file (eventually a PDF file).  It only shows
>
> "file:./external.txt"
>
> in PDF.
> Could I possibly import the content of the external file as a part of LaTeX?

maybe try the direct latex command, \input{external.txt}?
Unverified...  However, you won't want to do this on an outline
heading as latex won't like an input directive within a subsubsection
heading, I believe.

By creating a link, org-mode is doing exactly the right thing (\href etc).

Eric S Fraga
GnuPG: 8F5C 279D 3907 E14A 5C29  570D C891 93D8 FFFC F67D

* Re: importing external files as LaTeX module
@ 2010-06-16 15:59 ` Eric Schulte
From: Eric Schulte @ 2010-06-16 15:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Soichi Ishida; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi soichi,

Take a look at the #+INCLUDE: directive, in the manual at
http://orgmode.org/manual/Include-files.html#Include-files
it should be able to do what you need.

Best -- Eric