* is this spreadsheet correct?
@ 2012-12-01 21:57 Samuel Wales
From: Samuel Wales @ 2012-12-01 21:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Also, I entered the formula as =rp=, but it got put in as
$5.

| ! | what    |  pw |   ph |    rp | ew | eh |  re |          f |
|   | current | 720 | 1152 | 0.625 | 71 | 23 | 3.1 | 0.51612903 |
#+TBLFM: $5=$pw/$ph

C-c '

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument number-or-marker-p nil)
  org-edit-src-code()
  org-edit-special()
  call-interactively(org-edit-special nil nil)

The disease DOES progress.  MANY people have died from it.  ANYBODY
can get it.  There is no hope without action.

* Re: is this spreadsheet correct?
@ 2012-12-02  9:44 ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2012-12-02  9:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Samuel Wales writes:
> Also, I entered the formula as =rp=, but it got put in as
> $5.

The target column apparently can't be a named column, although the
documentation could be more clear.

> | ! | what    |  pw |   ph |    rp | ew | eh |  re |          f |
> |   | current | 720 | 1152 | 0.625 | 71 | 23 | 3.1 | 0.51612903 |
> #+TBLFM: $5=$pw/$ph

You need to put a recalculation mark into the first column (either "#"
or "*").

> C-c '
>
> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument number-or-marker-p nil)
>   org-edit-src-code()
>   org-edit-special()
>   call-interactively(org-edit-special nil nil)

What version of Org is this?  Also, it seems you didn't have the cursor
inside the table.  I think it would be nice if it also entered the
formula editor while it was on the TBLFM line, but org-edit-special
considers that outside the table for whatever reason.

Regards,
Achim.

Wavetables for the Waldorf Blofeld:

* Re: is this spreadsheet correct?
@ 2012-12-02 20:30   ` Samuel Wales
From: Samuel Wales @ 2012-12-02 20:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Achim Gratz; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On 12/2/12, Achim Gratz <Stromeko@nexgo.de> wrote:
> The target column apparently can't be a named column, although the
> documentation could be more clear.

Oh.  :( I liked the idea of named columns everywhere.  It is a great
feature.  Does ses do them?

> You need to put a recalculation mark into the first column (either "#"
> or "*").

Done.  I am curious about the rationale.

>> C-c '
>>
>> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument number-or-marker-p
>> nil)
>>   org-edit-src-code()
>>   org-edit-special()
>>   call-interactively(org-edit-special nil nil)
>
> What version of Org is this?  Also, it seems you didn't have the cursor

Emacs 24, latest git version of Org, not using .emacs.

> inside the table.  I think it would be nice if it also entered the
> formula editor while it was on the TBLFM line, but org-edit-special
> considers that outside the table for whatever reason.

Yes, this would be nice, as would recalculation after C-c ', depending.

Samuel

@ 2012-12-03 17:39   ` Samuel Wales
From: Samuel Wales @ 2012-12-03 17:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Achim Gratz; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On 12/2/12, Achim Gratz <Stromeko@nexgo.de> wrote:
> Also, it seems you didn't have the cursor
> inside the table.

The bug occurs when point is in the table.

Are you trying to say that the stack trace would be normal if you
executed on the tblfm line?  If so, I think that's an error message
bug.

* Re: is this spreadsheet correct?
@ 2012-12-03 19:03     ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2012-12-03 19:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Samuel Wales writes:
> On 12/2/12, Achim Gratz <Stromeko@nexgo.de> wrote:
>> Also, it seems you didn't have the cursor
>> inside the table.
>
> The bug occurs when point is in the table.

That is strange, in this case org-edit-special should branch into
org-table-edit-formulas, but your backtrace shows that it ended up in
org-edit-src-code.

> Are you trying to say that the stack trace would be normal if you
> executed on the tblfm line?  If so, I think that's an error message
> bug.

No, there's something going on that causes Org to miss the fact that
point is inside the table.  It doesn't happen when I try to reproduce
your example, nor do I get the same error message when I'm outside the
table.

Regards,
Achim.

DIY Stuff: