* Orgmode performance problem and "solution"
@ 2011-10-26  8:07 Rainer Stengele
From: Rainer Stengele @ 2011-10-26  8:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

after upgrading my Emacs from version  23 to
GNU Emacs 24.0.90.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600) of 2011-10-19 on MARVIN

Org ran terribly slow. Cursor movement was slow, clock adjustment also etc.

After having an issue which was solved immediately by Nicolas Goaziou
I changed my repository from
git://repo.or.cz/org-mode.git
git://orgmode.org/org-mode.git
in order to be able to pull his fix immediately.

Lacking knowledge of git I deleted everything, cloned from the new repo and compiled the files.
Result was a significantly faster Org experience.

Sorry I have no explanation but maybe someone who has performance problems may try to checkout from scratch and recompile.

Org-mode version 7.7 (release_7.7.464.g679a0.dirty)
Windows XP SP3

Regards,
Rainer