* Dumbquotes in exported source listings
@ 2011-04-30 23:39 Avdi Grimm
From: Avdi Grimm @ 2011-04-30 23:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

So I'm writing an eBook with lots of source code listings, using
org-mode-LaTeX->PDF with the "minted" package providing source code
highlighting. For the most part I'm really, really happy with the
toolchain; thank you to those that pointed me in the direction of
"minted".

One issue: my beta reviewers have noted that when copy-and-pasting
source code listings that contain single-quoted strings, they are
getting "smart quotes"--i.e. the first quote is a backquote, the
second quote is a single quote. This breaks the pasted code.

I'm sure I could track the problem down myself eventually, but I
thought someone here might know which part of the toolchain to look at
first for this quote-munging behavior.

Thanks!

--
Avdi Grimm
http://avdi.org

* Missing Introduction and About sections in LaTeX export
@ 2011-04-27 20:57 Avdi Grimm
       [not found] ` <groups@inbox.avdi.org>
From: Avdi Grimm @ 2011-04-27 20:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I have an Org document I'm exporting to PDF through LaTeX using the
"report" class.

The two first top-level sections in the document, titled "About" and
"Introduction", are completely missing from the generated .tex and
PDF. The exported files start on the third section.

Coincidentally(?) those are the "front matter" sections which I don't
want included in the contents. However, I have done nothing to mark
them as such. They have no classes or properties. As far as I can tell
there is nothing making them different from other sections.

Any ideas why they might be elided by the LaTeX exporter in Org 7.5?

Follow-up: assuming I can get them to export at all, how can I mark
*just* those two headings to be exported using the "starred" form so
that they are not included in the chapter numbering?

Avdi Grimm
http://avdi.org