emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
 help / color / mirror / code / Atom feed
* org-src-fontify-natively makes things very, very slow
@ 2011-03-17 13:59 Julian Burgos
  2011-03-17 18:28 ` Eric S Fraga
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 26+ messages in thread
From: Julian Burgos @ 2011-03-17 13:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dear list,

I was very excited to discover org-src-fontify-natively, but I´m not
having a good experience with it.  When it is on, org-mode becomes
very slow while typing into a code block.  This happens regardless of
the size of the file or number of blocks, and the slow down is very
noticeable.  Each keystroke takes about half a second to appear in
screen.  Typing outside of the code blocks everything works fine.
Turning off font-lock-verbose and global-linum-mode did not make any difference.
I´m running OrgMode 7.5 and GNU Emacs 23.2.1. on Windows XP.

Any ideas?

Julian

-- 
Julian Mariano Burgos
Hafrannsóknastofnunin/Marine Research Institute
Skúlagata 4, 121 Reykjavík, Iceland
Sími/Telephone : +354-5752037
Bréfsími/Telefax:  +354-5752001
Netfang/Email: julian@hafro.is, jmburgos@uw.edu

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 26+ messages in thread

* Re: org-src-fontify-natively makes things very, very slow
  2011-03-17 13:59 org-src-fontify-natively makes things very, very slow Julian Burgos
@ 2011-03-17 18:28 ` Eric S Fraga
  2011-03-17 20:34   ` Sébastien Vauban
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 26+ messages in thread
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2011-03-17 18:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julian Burgos; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Julian Burgos <jmburgos@uw.edu> writes:

> Dear list,
>
> I was very excited to discover org-src-fontify-natively, but I´m not
> having a good experience with it.  When it is on, org-mode becomes
> very slow while typing into a code block.  This happens regardless of
> the size of the file or number of blocks, and the slow down is very
> noticeable.  Each keystroke takes about half a second to appear in
> screen.  Typing outside of the code blocks everything works fine.
> Turning off font-lock-verbose and global-linum-mode did not make any difference.
> I´m running OrgMode 7.5 and GNU Emacs 23.2.1. on Windows XP.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Julian

If you edit the source code block in its native mode (C-c',
=org-edit-special=), is it fast or slow?

In any case, this may be related to the thread on slow behaviour
discussed on this list the past few days.  Does the response improve if
you kill the buffer and load the file again?

-- 
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.50.1
: using Org-mode version 7.5 (release_7.5.77.g74268.dirty)

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 26+ messages in thread

* Re: org-src-fontify-natively makes things very, very slow
  2011-03-17 18:28 ` Eric S Fraga
@ 2011-03-17 20:34   ` Sébastien Vauban
  2011-03-18  0:11     ` Julian Burgos
  2011-03-18  8:38     ` Eric S Fraga
  0 siblings, 2 replies; 26+ messages in thread
From: Sébastien Vauban @ 2011-03-17 20:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hi all,

Eric S Fraga wrote:
> Julian Burgos <jmburgos-lfcS8c3Mqgg@public.gmane.org> writes:
>> I was very excited to discover org-src-fontify-natively, but I´m not having
>> a good experience with it. When it is on, org-mode becomes very slow while
>> typing into a code block. This happens regardless of the size of the file
>> or number of blocks, and the slow down is very noticeable. Each keystroke
>> takes about half a second to appear in screen. Typing outside of the code
>> blocks everything works fine. Turning off font-lock-verbose and
>> global-linum-mode did not make any difference. I´m running OrgMode 7.5 and
>> GNU Emacs 23.2.1. on Windows XP.
>>
>> Any ideas?

Idem for me. Slow(er) in Org buffer itself.

> If you edit the source code block in its native mode (C-c',
> =org-edit-special=), is it fast or slow?

Fast(er) in dedicated buffer.

> In any case, this may be related to the thread on slow behaviour
> discussed on this list the past few days.  Does the response improve if
> you kill the buffer and load the file again?

Maybe this is (partly?) due to the overlay I added:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
                (overlay-put (make-overlay beg1 block-end)
                             'face 'org-block-background))
#+end_src

in function

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(defun org-fontify-meta-lines-and-blocks (limit)
#+end_src

in file org.el.

Best regards,
  Seb

-- 
Sébastien Vauban

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 26+ messages in thread

* Re: Re: org-src-fontify-natively makes things very, very slow
  2011-03-17 20:34   ` Sébastien Vauban
@ 2011-03-18  0:11     ` Julian Burgos
  2011-03-18  8:38     ` Eric S Fraga
  1 sibling, 0 replies; 26+ messages in thread
From: Julian Burgos @ 2011-03-18  0:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sébastien Vauban, e.fraga; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

When editing the block in native mode everything works fine.  Closing
the buffer (or even rebooting the computer) had no effect.
I´ll keep this off until is fixed.  It is though a great feature!

2011/3/17 Sébastien Vauban <wxhgmqzgwmuf@spammotel.com>:
> Hi all,
>
> Eric S Fraga wrote:
>> Julian Burgos <jmburgos@uw.edu> writes:
>>> I was very excited to discover org-src-fontify-natively, but I´m not having
>>> a good experience with it. When it is on, org-mode becomes very slow while
>>> typing into a code block. This happens regardless of the size of the file
>>> or number of blocks, and the slow down is very noticeable. Each keystroke
>>> takes about half a second to appear in screen. Typing outside of the code
>>> blocks everything works fine. Turning off font-lock-verbose and
>>> global-linum-mode did not make any difference. I´m running OrgMode 7.5 and
>>> GNU Emacs 23.2.1. on Windows XP.
>>>
>>> Any ideas?
>
> Idem for me. Slow(er) in Org buffer itself.
>
>> If you edit the source code block in its native mode (C-c',
>> =org-edit-special=), is it fast or slow?
>
> Fast(er) in dedicated buffer.
>
>> In any case, this may be related to the thread on slow behaviour
>> discussed on this list the past few days.  Does the response improve if
>> you kill the buffer and load the file again?
>
> Maybe this is (partly?) due to the overlay I added:
>
> #+begin_src emacs-lisp
>                (overlay-put (make-overlay beg1 block-end)
>                             'face 'org-block-background))
> #+end_src
>
> in function
>
> #+begin_src emacs-lisp
> (defun org-fontify-meta-lines-and-blocks (limit)
> #+end_src
>
> in file org.el.
>
> Best regards,
>  Seb
>
> --
> Sébastien Vauban
>
>
>



-- 
Julian Mariano Burgos
Hafrannsóknastofnunin/Marine Research Institute
Skúlagata 4, 121 Reykjavík, Iceland
Sími/Telephone : +354-5752037
Bréfsími/Telefax:  +354-5752001
Netfang/Email: julian@hafro.is, jmburgos@uw.edu

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 26+ messages in thread

* Re: Re: org-src-fontify-natively makes things very, very slow
  2011-03-17 20:34   ` Sébastien Vauban
  2011-03-18  0:11     ` Julian Burgos
@ 2011-03-18  8:38     ` Eric S Fraga
  2011-03-18 12:44       ` Julian Burgos
  2011-03-19  9:20       ` Sébastien Vauban
  1 sibling, 2 replies; 26+ messages in thread
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2011-03-18  8:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sébastien Vauban; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Sébastien Vauban <wxhgmqzgwmuf@spammotel.com> writes:

[...]

> Maybe this is (partly?) due to the overlay I added:
>
> #+begin_src emacs-lisp
>                 (overlay-put (make-overlay beg1 block-end)
>                              'face 'org-block-background))
> #+end_src

This could indeed be one cause, especially depending on what this does
when there is no block-end line, or at least not anywhere near in the
buffer.  I seem to get a slowdown when I have a situation like this:

#+begin_example

[... some text ...]
#+begin_src somelanguage
[... text which is part of the source block...]
<point here>

[... lots of other text ...]
[... including other source blocks]

#+end_example

where there is no matching #+end_src or, more precisely, the
next #+end_src line is one that does not belong to this current source
block.  Your search (in org.el) for the end of the block assumes that it
does have the end statement in place already.  I'm not sure how to fix
this because it's an ill-defined situation.

It may be worthwhile making the overlay optional?  Although I must admit
that I like it!

My solution, by the way, is to insert the #+end_src line immediately
upon writing a #+begin_src line and then back up a line to start writing
the code.

-- 
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.50.1
: using Org-mode version 7.5 (release_7.5.77.g74268)

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 26+ messages in thread

* Re: Re: org-src-fontify-natively makes things very, very slow
  2011-03-18  8:38     ` Eric S Fraga
@ 2011-03-18 12:44       ` Julian Burgos
  2011-03-19  9:20       ` Sébastien Vauban
  1 sibling, 0 replies; 26+ messages in thread
From: Julian Burgos @ 2011-03-18 12:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric S Fraga; +Cc: Sébastien Vauban, emacs-orgmode

Hi Eric,

I have a small function to insert the opening and ending of an R code
block bound to a key, so I always edit the code between a
"#+begin_src R" and "#+end_src R".  I still get a considerable
slowdown, even with an empty document with a single line of code.

Julian


On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 8:38 AM, Eric S Fraga <e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk> wrote:
> Sébastien Vauban <wxhgmqzgwmuf@spammotel.com> writes:
>
> [...]
>
>> Maybe this is (partly?) due to the overlay I added:
>>
>> #+begin_src emacs-lisp
>>                 (overlay-put (make-overlay beg1 block-end)
>>                              'face 'org-block-background))
>> #+end_src
>
> This could indeed be one cause, especially depending on what this does
> when there is no block-end line, or at least not anywhere near in the
> buffer.  I seem to get a slowdown when I have a situation like this:
>
> #+begin_example
>
> [... some text ...]
> #+begin_src somelanguage
> [... text which is part of the source block...]
> <point here>
>
> [... lots of other text ...]
> [... including other source blocks]
>
> #+end_example
>
> where there is no matching #+end_src or, more precisely, the
> next #+end_src line is one that does not belong to this current source
> block.  Your search (in org.el) for the end of the block assumes that it
> does have the end statement in place already.  I'm not sure how to fix
> this because it's an ill-defined situation.
>
> It may be worthwhile making the overlay optional?  Although I must admit
> that I like it!
>
> My solution, by the way, is to insert the #+end_src line immediately
> upon writing a #+begin_src line and then back up a line to start writing
> the code.
>
> --
> : Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.50.1
> : using Org-mode version 7.5 (release_7.5.77.g74268)
>
>



-- 
Julian Mariano Burgos
Hafrannsóknastofnunin/Marine Research Institute
Skúlagata 4, 121 Reykjavík, Iceland
Sími/Telephone : +354-5752037
Bréfsími/Telefax:  +354-5752001
Netfang/Email: julian@hafro.is, jmburgos@uw.edu

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 26+ messages in thread

* Re: org-src-fontify-natively makes things very, very slow
  2011-03-18  8:38     ` Eric S Fraga
  2011-03-18 12:44       ` Julian Burgos
@ 2011-03-19  9:20       ` Sébastien Vauban
  2011-03-19 12:28         ` suvayu ali
  2011-03-19 20:34         ` Eric S Fraga
  1 sibling, 2 replies; 26+ messages in thread
From: Sébastien Vauban @ 2011-03-19  9:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hi Eric,

Eric S Fraga wrote:
> Sébastien Vauban <wxhgmqzgwmuf-geNee64TY+gS+FvcfC7Uqw@public.gmane.org> writes:
>> Maybe this is (partly?) due to the overlay I added:
>>
>> #+begin_src emacs-lisp
>>                 (overlay-put (make-overlay beg1 block-end)
>>                              'face 'org-block-background))
>> #+end_src
>
> This could indeed be one cause, especially depending on what this does when
> there is no block-end line, or at least not anywhere near in the buffer. I
> seem to get a slowdown when I have a situation like this:
>
> #+begin_example
>
> [... some text ...]
> #+begin_src somelanguage
> [... text which is part of the source block...]
> <point here>
>
> [... lots of other text ...]
> [... including other source blocks]
>
> #+end_example
>
> where there is no matching #+end_src or, more precisely, the next #+end_src
> line is one that does not belong to this current source block. Your search
> (in org.el) for the end of the block assumes that it does have the end
> statement in place already. I'm not sure how to fix this because it's an
> ill-defined situation.

You say "your search..." but I only added the overlay-put command... and I
must admit this whole block is difficult to follow (so many cases).

> It may be worthwhile making the overlay optional? Although I must admit that
> I like it!

I simply can't live without it, either.

> My solution, by the way, is to insert the #+end_src line immediately upon
> writing a #+begin_src line and then back up a line to start writing the
> code.

"My" solution is even simpler: just use a yasnippet template, that prompts you
for the language and puts the begin/end upfront:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
#name : #+begin_src...#+end_src
# --
#+srcname: ${1:name}
#+begin_src ${2:language} $3
$0
#+end_src
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Best regards,
  Seb

-- 
Sébastien Vauban

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 26+ messages in thread

* Re: Re: org-src-fontify-natively makes things very, very slow
  2011-03-19  9:20       ` Sébastien Vauban
@ 2011-03-19 12:28         ` suvayu ali
  2011-03-19 20:37           ` Eric S Fraga
  2011-03-19 20:34         ` Eric S Fraga
  1 sibling, 1 reply; 26+ messages in thread
From: suvayu ali @ 2011-03-19 12:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sébastien Vauban; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

2011/3/19 Sébastien Vauban <wxhgmqzgwmuf@spammotel.com>:
>> My solution, by the way, is to insert the #+end_src line immediately upon
>> writing a #+begin_src line and then back up a line to start writing the
>> code.
>
> "My" solution is even simpler: just use a yasnippet template, that prompts you
> for the language and puts the begin/end upfront:

Or use org's own template mechanism[fn:1],

1. <s - for source blocks
2. <e - for example blocks

and so on ...

Footnotes:

[fn:1] [[info:org#Easy%20Templates][info:org#Easy Templates]]
-- 
Suvayu

Open source is the future. It sets us free.

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 26+ messages in thread

* Re: Re: org-src-fontify-natively makes things very, very slow
  2011-03-19  9:20       ` Sébastien Vauban
  2011-03-19 12:28         ` suvayu ali
@ 2011-03-19 20:34         ` Eric S Fraga
  2011-03-20  4:23           ` Le Wang
  2011-03-29 14:12           ` Matt Lundin
  1 sibling, 2 replies; 26+ messages in thread
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2011-03-19 20:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sébastien Vauban; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Sébastien Vauban <wxhgmqzgwmuf@spammotel.com> writes:

> Hi Eric,
>
> Eric S Fraga wrote:

[...]

>> where there is no matching #+end_src or, more precisely, the next #+end_src
>> line is one that does not belong to this current source block. Your search
>> (in org.el) for the end of the block assumes that it does have the end
>> statement in place already. I'm not sure how to fix this because it's an
>> ill-defined situation.
>
> You say "your search..." but I only added the overlay-put command... and I
> must admit this whole block is difficult to follow (so many cases).

Yes but the overlay needs to know where to end; I am using search in a
more general sense here in that you are defining the start and end of a
region to overlay using regular expressions, are you not?

[...]

>> My solution, by the way, is to insert the #+end_src line immediately upon
>> writing a #+begin_src line and then back up a line to start writing the
>> code.
>
> "My" solution is even simpler: just use a yasnippet template, that prompts you
> for the language and puts the begin/end upfront:

yes, I used to use yasnippet a lot but I don't any longer.  I am
actually in confusion as to which completion mechanism to use in Emacs
these days and am going a little crazy... :(  I'm currently playing with
auto-complete.

Thanks,
eric
-- 
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.50.1
: using Org-mode version 7.5 (release_7.5.83.g1bd87.dirty)

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 26+ messages in thread

* Re: Re: org-src-fontify-natively makes things very, very slow
  2011-03-19 12:28         ` suvayu ali
@ 2011-03-19 20:37           ` Eric S Fraga
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 26+ messages in thread
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2011-03-19 20:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: suvayu ali; +Cc: Sébastien Vauban, emacs-orgmode

suvayu ali <fatkasuvayu+linux@gmail.com> writes:

> 2011/3/19 Sébastien Vauban <wxhgmqzgwmuf@spammotel.com>:
>>> My solution, by the way, is to insert the #+end_src line immediately upon
>>> writing a #+begin_src line and then back up a line to start writing the
>
>>> code.
>>
>> "My" solution is even simpler: just use a yasnippet template, that prompts you
>> for the language and puts the begin/end upfront:
>
> Or use org's own template mechanism[fn:1],
>
> 1. <s - for source blocks
> 2. <e - for example blocks
>
> and so on ...
>
> Footnotes:
>
> [fn:1] [[info:org#Easy%20Templates][info:org#Easy Templates]]

Thanks for this!  I am always forgetting about these and they do work
well.  For some reason, I always find it difficult to find them in the
info manual.  I guess it's because I don't think of them as templates
and always search for "short-cut" and "abbreviation" in the table of
contents for the org manual and neither is useful.

Could I suggest that maybe the heading for this section be something
like "Short-cut keys for easy templates"?  Or something similar?

Thanks,
eric

-- 
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.50.1
: using Org-mode version 7.5 (release_7.5.83.g1bd87.dirty)

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 26+ messages in thread

* Re: Re: org-src-fontify-natively makes things very, very slow
  2011-03-19 20:34         ` Eric S Fraga
@ 2011-03-20  4:23           ` Le Wang
  2011-03-20 19:41             ` Eric S Fraga
  2011-03-29 14:12           ` Matt Lundin
  1 sibling, 1 reply; 26+ messages in thread
From: Le Wang @ 2011-03-20  4:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric S Fraga; +Cc: Sébastien Vauban, emacs-orgmode

On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 4:34 AM, Eric S Fraga <e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk> wrote:
> yes, I used to use yasnippet a lot but I don't any longer.  I am
> actually in confusion as to which completion mechanism to use in Emacs
> these days and am going a little crazy... :(  I'm currently playing with
> auto-complete.

Why did you give up on yasnippet?


-- 
Le

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 26+ messages in thread

* Re: Re: org-src-fontify-natively makes things very, very slow
  2011-03-20  4:23           ` Le Wang
@ 2011-03-20 19:41             ` Eric S Fraga
  2011-03-21  2:37               ` Le Wang
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 26+ messages in thread
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2011-03-20 19:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Le Wang; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Le Wang <l26wang@gmail.com> writes:

> On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 4:34 AM, Eric S Fraga <e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk> wrote:
>> yes, I used to use yasnippet a lot but I don't any longer.  I am
>> actually in confusion as to which completion mechanism to use in Emacs
>> these days and am going a little crazy... :(  I'm currently playing with
>> auto-complete.
>
> Why did you give up on yasnippet?

Confusion amongst the key bindings, between org, yasnippet and the
autocompletion tools I have been trying.  I want to be able to use TAB
for completion.

I may come back to yasnippet in due course so it's nothing to do with
yasnippet per se.

-- 
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.50.1
: using Org-mode version 7.5 (release_7.5.90.g1fb3.dirty)

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 26+ messages in thread

* Re: Re: org-src-fontify-natively makes things very, very slow
  2011-03-20 19:41             ` Eric S Fraga
@ 2011-03-21  2:37               ` Le Wang
  2011-03-21 13:57                 ` Eric Schulte
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 26+ messages in thread
From: Le Wang @ 2011-03-21  2:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric S Fraga; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 3:41 AM, Eric S Fraga <e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk> wrote:
> Le Wang <l26wang@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Why did you give up on yasnippet?
>
> Confusion amongst the key bindings, between org, yasnippet and the
> autocompletion tools I have been trying.  I want to be able to use TAB
> for completion.
>
> I may come back to yasnippet in due course so it's nothing to do with
> yasnippet per se.

I too had this issue of expansion confusion, especially when I
installed the premade yasnippet packs.

I solved it by adding moving yasnippet off the [tab] key, and adding
it to hippie-expand, which I map to (M-/):

(setq yas/trigger-key nil)
(add-to-list 'hippie-expand-try-functions-list 'yas/hippie-try-expand)


> --
> : Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.50.1
> : using Org-mode version 7.5 (release_7.5.90.g1fb3.dirty)
>



-- 
Le

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 26+ messages in thread

* Re: Re: org-src-fontify-natively makes things very, very slow
  2011-03-21  2:37               ` Le Wang
@ 2011-03-21 13:57                 ` Eric Schulte
  2011-03-21 17:06                   ` Eric S Fraga
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 26+ messages in thread
From: Eric Schulte @ 2011-03-21 13:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Le Wang; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Le Wang <l26wang@gmail.com> writes:

> On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 3:41 AM, Eric S Fraga <e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk> wrote:
>> Le Wang <l26wang@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> Why did you give up on yasnippet?
>>
>> Confusion amongst the key bindings, between org, yasnippet and the
>> autocompletion tools I have been trying.  I want to be able to use TAB
>> for completion.
>>
>> I may come back to yasnippet in due course so it's nothing to do with
>> yasnippet per se.
>

I've been using the following yasnippet/org configuration for a long
while now binding yas/expand to TAB.

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
  (defun yas/org-very-safe-expand ()
    (let ((yas/fallback-behavior 'return-nil)) (yas/expand)))

  (add-hook 'org-mode-hook
            (lambda ()
              ;...
              ;; yasnippet (using the new org-cycle hooks)
              (make-variable-buffer-local 'yas/trigger-key)
              (setq yas/trigger-key [tab])
              (add-to-list 'org-tab-first-hook 'yas/org-very-safe-expand)
              (define-key yas/keymap [tab] 'yas/next-field)
              ))
#+end_src

Best -- Eric

>
> I too had this issue of expansion confusion, especially when I
> installed the premade yasnippet packs.
>
> I solved it by adding moving yasnippet off the [tab] key, and adding
> it to hippie-expand, which I map to (M-/):
>
> (setq yas/trigger-key nil)
> (add-to-list 'hippie-expand-try-functions-list 'yas/hippie-try-expand)
>
>
>> --
>> : Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.50.1
>> : using Org-mode version 7.5 (release_7.5.90.g1fb3.dirty)
>>

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 26+ messages in thread

* Re: Re: org-src-fontify-natively makes things very, very slow
  2011-03-21 13:57                 ` Eric Schulte
@ 2011-03-21 17:06                   ` Eric S Fraga
  2011-03-21 22:23                     ` Sébastien Vauban
  2011-04-28 20:59                     ` Carsten Dominik
  0 siblings, 2 replies; 26+ messages in thread
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2011-03-21 17:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello again,

going back to the original subject of this thread (although thanks all
for your inputs on yasnippet ;-), I have started working on a new
document and am finding the slowdown of navigation (next-line) very
annoying.  In this document, I have two gnuplot source blocks.
Navigating through them, I get the following results from elp:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
next-line                                                     54          5.9466770000  0.1101236481
previous-line                                                 44          0.4350030000  0.0098864318
org-encrypt-entries                                           1           0.000424      0.000424
org-scan-tags                                                 1           0.000368      0.000368
org-make-tags-matcher                                         1           5.1e-05       5.1e-05
org-activate-plain-links                                      1           2.4e-05       2.4e-05
org-raise-scripts                                             1           2.1e-05       2.1e-05
org-fontify-meta-lines-and-blocks                             1           1.9e-05       1.9e-05
org-font-lock-hook                                            1           1.9e-05       1.9e-05
org-outline-level                                             5           1.9e-05       3.8e-06
org-mode-flyspell-verify                                      14          1.8e-05       1.285...e-06
org-inlinetask-fontify                                        1           1.5e-05       1.5e-05
org-activate-footnote-links                                   1           1.5e-05       1.5e-05
org-unfontify-region                                          1           1.2e-05       1.2e-05
org-do-emphasis-faces                                         1           1.2e-05       1.2e-05
org-activate-angle-links                                      1           1.2e-05       1.2e-05
org-activate-dates                                            1           1.1e-05       1.1e-05
org-fontify-entities                                          1           1.1e-05       1.1e-05
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

From these timings, the font locking doesn't seem to be the issue but
maybe the overlays are.  However, commenting out the code that Sébastien
Vauban indicated:

> Maybe this is (partly?) due to the overlay I added:
> 
> #+begin_src emacs-lisp
>                 (overlay-put (make-overlay beg1 block-end)
>                              'face 'org-block-background))
> #+end_src

(well, commenting out the whole condition that includes this code) makes
no difference at all.

So, I turned off =org-src-fontify-natively= and things are back to
normal: next-line is as fast as previous-line.  I can put up without the
fontification so this is what I am doing now.  

However, as it's a pity to lose the native fontification, it would be
nice to solve this problem in another way.  Can anybody suggest any
other thing to try?

Thanks,
eric

-- 
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.50.1
: using Org-mode version 7.5 (release_7.5.91.g38c6b)

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 26+ messages in thread

* Re: org-src-fontify-natively makes things very, very slow
  2011-03-21 17:06                   ` Eric S Fraga
@ 2011-03-21 22:23                     ` Sébastien Vauban
  2011-03-22  9:18                       ` Ulf Stegemann
  2011-03-29 14:49                       ` Matt Lundin
  2011-04-28 20:59                     ` Carsten Dominik
  1 sibling, 2 replies; 26+ messages in thread
From: Sébastien Vauban @ 2011-03-21 22:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hi Eric,

Eric S Fraga wrote:
> going back to the original subject of this thread (although thanks all for
> your inputs on yasnippet ;-), I have started working on a new document and
> am finding the slowdown of navigation (next-line) very annoying. In this
> document, I have two gnuplot source blocks. Navigating through them, I get
> the following results from elp:
>
> next-line                                                     54          5.9466770000  0.1101236481
> previous-line                                                 44          0.4350030000  0.0098864318
> org-encrypt-entries                                           1           0.000424      0.000424
> org-scan-tags                                                 1           0.000368      0.000368
> org-make-tags-matcher                                         1           5.1e-05       5.1e-05
> org-activate-plain-links                                      1           2.4e-05       2.4e-05
> org-raise-scripts                                             1           2.1e-05       2.1e-05
> org-fontify-meta-lines-and-blocks                             1           1.9e-05       1.9e-05
> org-font-lock-hook                                            1           1.9e-05       1.9e-05
> org-outline-level                                             5           1.9e-05       3.8e-06
> org-mode-flyspell-verify                                      14          1.8e-05       1.285...e-06
> org-inlinetask-fontify                                        1           1.5e-05       1.5e-05
> org-activate-footnote-links                                   1           1.5e-05       1.5e-05
> org-unfontify-region                                          1           1.2e-05       1.2e-05
> org-do-emphasis-faces                                         1           1.2e-05       1.2e-05
> org-activate-angle-links                                      1           1.2e-05       1.2e-05
> org-activate-dates                                            1           1.1e-05       1.1e-05
> org-fontify-entities                                          1           1.1e-05       1.1e-05
>
> From these timings, the font locking doesn't seem to be the issue but maybe
> the overlays are. However, commenting out the code that Sébastien Vauban
> indicated:
>
>> Maybe this is (partly?) due to the overlay I added:
>>
>> #+begin_src emacs-lisp
>>                 (overlay-put (make-overlay beg1 block-end)
>>                              'face 'org-block-background))
>> #+end_src

See http://patchwork.newartisans.com/patch/581/ for a full diff. You can see I
only add *one* overlay: for the background face.

> (well, commenting out the whole condition that includes this code) makes no
> difference at all.

I'm surprised. Good to hear, but as some were finger pointing the overlays,
and as I added one for every block... But, OK, better like that!

For the sake of completeness, know that I first tried to add the background
fontification as a text property, but that made the other properties disappear
(annihilating the native fontification in fact). No a solution, or I did not
try the right way -- which is entirely possible, seen my poor knowledge on
this subject (I have to admit I succeeded by trials and errors).

> So, I turned off =org-src-fontify-natively= and things are back to
> normal: next-line is as fast as previous-line.  I can put up without the
> fontification so this is what I am doing now.
>
> However, as it's a pity to lose the native fontification, it would be
> nice to solve this problem in another way.  Can anybody suggest any
> other thing to try?

Not that I can think of now. Sorry for not being of any help here.

Best regards,
  Seb

-- 
Sébastien Vauban

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 26+ messages in thread

* Re: org-src-fontify-natively makes things very, very slow
  2011-03-21 22:23                     ` Sébastien Vauban
@ 2011-03-22  9:18                       ` Ulf Stegemann
  2011-03-29 14:49                       ` Matt Lundin
  1 sibling, 0 replies; 26+ messages in thread
From: Ulf Stegemann @ 2011-03-22  9:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Sébastien, Eric,

I'm experiencing the same performance problems with recent org-mode.  My
observations are ...

Sébastien Vauban <wxhgmqzgwmuf@spammotel.com> wrote:

> Eric S Fraga wrote:
>>
>> From these timings, the font locking doesn't seem to be the issue but maybe
>> the overlays are. However, commenting out the code that Sébastien Vauban
>> indicated:
>>
>>> Maybe this is (partly?) due to the overlay I added:
>>>
>>> #+begin_src emacs-lisp
>>>                 (overlay-put (make-overlay beg1 block-end)
>>>                              'face 'org-block-background))
>>> #+end_src
>
> See http://patchwork.newartisans.com/patch/581/ for a full diff. You can see I
> only add *one* overlay: for the background face.
>
>> (well, commenting out the whole condition that includes this code) makes no
>> difference at all.

That's true. It does not make any difference performance-wise.

>> So, I turned off =org-src-fontify-natively= and things are back to
>> normal: next-line is as fast as previous-line.  I can put up without the
>> fontification so this is what I am doing now.

It's true that setting `org-src-fontify-natively' to nil boosts
performance but it's only half the story.  Editing something inside
blocks also has a significant negative influence on display performance.
Removing things like `#+BEGIN_letter' / `#+END_letter' from the file
gets things back to normal for me.

Ulf

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 26+ messages in thread

* Re: org-src-fontify-natively makes things very, very slow
  2011-03-19 20:34         ` Eric S Fraga
  2011-03-20  4:23           ` Le Wang
@ 2011-03-29 14:12           ` Matt Lundin
  2011-03-29 16:44             ` Eric S Fraga
  1 sibling, 1 reply; 26+ messages in thread
From: Matt Lundin @ 2011-03-29 14:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric S Fraga; +Cc: Sébastien Vauban, emacs-orgmode

Eric S Fraga <e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk> writes:

> yes, I used to use yasnippet a lot but I don't any longer.  I am
> actually in confusion as to which completion mechanism to use in Emacs
> these days and am going a little crazy... :(  I'm currently playing with
> auto-complete.

Skeletons and abbrev-mode have always gotten the job done for me, with
minimal fuss.

Here's my skeleton for org source blocks:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
(define-skeleton skel-org-block
  "Insert an org block"
  "Type: "
  "#+begin_" str - "\n"
  _ \n
  "#+end_" str "\n")

(define-abbrev org-mode-abbrev-table "blk" "" 'skel-org-block)
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

You can see a whole range of options for inserting source blocks in this
FAQ:

http://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.html#shortcuts-for-entering-source-blocks

Best,
Matt

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 26+ messages in thread

* Re: org-src-fontify-natively makes things very, very slow
  2011-03-21 22:23                     ` Sébastien Vauban
  2011-03-22  9:18                       ` Ulf Stegemann
@ 2011-03-29 14:49                       ` Matt Lundin
  2011-03-29 16:49                         ` Eric S Fraga
  2011-03-30  7:34                         ` Sébastien Vauban
  1 sibling, 2 replies; 26+ messages in thread
From: Matt Lundin @ 2011-03-29 14:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sébastien Vauban; +Cc: Org Mode

Sébastien Vauban <wxhgmqzgwmuf-geNee64TY+gS+FvcfC7Uqw@public.gmane.org>
writes:

>>> Maybe this is (partly?) due to the overlay I added:
>>>
>>> #+begin_src emacs-lisp
>>>                 (overlay-put (make-overlay beg1 block-end)
>>>                              'face 'org-block-background))
>>> #+end_src
>
> See http://patchwork.newartisans.com/patch/581/ for a full diff. You can see I
> only add *one* overlay: for the background face.
>
>> (well, commenting out the whole condition that includes this code) makes no
>> difference at all.
>
> I'm surprised. Good to hear, but as some were finger pointing the overlays,
> and as I added one for every block... But, OK, better like that!
>
> For the sake of completeness, know that I first tried to add the background
> fontification as a text property, but that made the other properties disappear
> (annihilating the native fontification in fact). No a solution, or I did not
> try the right way -- which is entirely possible, seen my poor knowledge on
> this subject (I have to admit I succeeded by trials and errors).

I believe there is a bug here. I'm not sure if it is related to the
performance issues, but when org-src-fontify-natively is t, new overlays
keep getting added to the source block with each keypress in the source
block.

For instance, just typing this line of perl...

#+begin_src perl
  my @apples = ("golden delicious", "braeburn");
#+end_src

...resulted in 54 identical overlays being added to the buffer.

,----[ M-x describe-text-properties
| There are 54 overlays here:
|  From 39 to 88
|   face                 org-block-background
|  From 39 to 88
|   face                 org-block-background
|  From 39 to 88
|   face                 org-block-background
|  From 39 to 88
|   face                 org-block-background
| ....[and so on]
`----

The number keeps growing with more typing, since make-overlay is called
without a test to see if an overlay already exists. 

Best,
Matt 

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 26+ messages in thread

* Re: org-src-fontify-natively makes things very, very slow
  2011-03-29 14:12           ` Matt Lundin
@ 2011-03-29 16:44             ` Eric S Fraga
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 26+ messages in thread
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2011-03-29 16:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matt Lundin; +Cc: Sébastien Vauban, emacs-orgmode

Matt Lundin <mdl@imapmail.org> writes:

> Eric S Fraga <e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk> writes:
>
>> yes, I used to use yasnippet a lot but I don't any longer.  I am
>> actually in confusion as to which completion mechanism to use in Emacs
>> these days and am going a little crazy... :(  I'm currently playing with
>> auto-complete.
>
> Skeletons and abbrev-mode have always gotten the job done for me, with
> minimal fuss.
>
> Here's my skeleton for org source blocks:
> [...]
> http://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.html#shortcuts-for-entering-source-blocks

Brilliant.  Thanks.  I learn something new every day.  I had never run
into skeletons in Emacs before.  Elisp snippets.  Very nice.

More importantly, you have reminded me about the built-in expansion in
org mode that I *always* seem to forget about.  =<s TAB= is easy enough
for me to type!  I think I am going to stick a post-it note on my
forehead until I finally manage to get this imprinted in my conscious
memory!

I already use abbrev-mode quite extensively, but mostly for normal
text.

Thanks again,
eric

-- 
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.50.1
: using Org-mode version 7.5 (release_7.5.116.g35a2e)

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 26+ messages in thread

* Re: org-src-fontify-natively makes things very, very slow
  2011-03-29 14:49                       ` Matt Lundin
@ 2011-03-29 16:49                         ` Eric S Fraga
  2011-03-30  7:34                         ` Sébastien Vauban
  1 sibling, 0 replies; 26+ messages in thread
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2011-03-29 16:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode

Matt Lundin <mdl@imapmail.org> writes:

[...]

> I believe there is a bug here. I'm not sure if it is related to the
> performance issues, but when org-src-fontify-natively is t, new overlays
> keep getting added to the source block with each keypress in the source
> block.

I can verify this on my system.

-- 
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.50.1
: using Org-mode version 7.5 (release_7.5.116.g35a2e)

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 26+ messages in thread

* Re: org-src-fontify-natively makes things very, very slow
  2011-03-29 14:49                       ` Matt Lundin
  2011-03-29 16:49                         ` Eric S Fraga
@ 2011-03-30  7:34                         ` Sébastien Vauban
  1 sibling, 0 replies; 26+ messages in thread
From: Sébastien Vauban @ 2011-03-30  7:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hi Matt,

Matt Lundin wrote:
> Sébastien Vauban writes:
>>>> Maybe this is (partly?) due to the overlay I added:
>>>>
>>>> #+begin_src emacs-lisp
>>>>                 (overlay-put (make-overlay beg1 block-end)
>>>>                              'face 'org-block-background))
>>>> #+end_src
>
> I believe there is a bug here. I'm not sure if it is related to the
> performance issues, but when org-src-fontify-natively is t, new overlays
> keep getting added to the source block with each keypress in the source
> block.
>
> For instance, just typing this line of perl...
>
> #+begin_src perl
>   my @apples = ("golden delicious", "braeburn");
> #+end_src
>
> ...resulted in 54 identical overlays being added to the buffer.
>
> ,----[ M-x describe-text-properties
> | There are 54 overlays here:
> |  From 39 to 88
> |   face                 org-block-background
> |  From 39 to 88
> |   face                 org-block-background
> |  From 39 to 88
> |   face                 org-block-background
> |  From 39 to 88
> |   face                 org-block-background
> | ....[and so on]
> `----

I believe as well there is a problem!

> The number keeps growing with more typing, since make-overlay is called
> without a test to see if an overlay already exists.

Thanks (a lot) for your very enlightening analysis. I will try to get this
fixed in a couple of days.

Best regards,
  Seb

-- 
Sébastien Vauban

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 26+ messages in thread

* Re: org-src-fontify-natively makes things very, very slow
  2011-03-21 17:06                   ` Eric S Fraga
  2011-03-21 22:23                     ` Sébastien Vauban
@ 2011-04-28 20:59                     ` Carsten Dominik
  2011-04-28 23:32                       ` Eric S Fraga
  1 sibling, 1 reply; 26+ messages in thread
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2011-04-28 20:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric S Fraga; +Cc: emacs-orgmode


On 21.3.2011, at 18:06, Eric S Fraga wrote:

> Hello again,
> 
> going back to the original subject of this thread (although thanks all
> for your inputs on yasnippet ;-), I have started working on a new
> document and am finding the slowdown of navigation (next-line) very
> annoying.  In this document, I have two gnuplot source blocks.
> Navigating through them, I get the following results from elp:
> 
> --8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
> next-line                                                     54          5.9466770000  0.1101236481
> previous-line                                                 44          0.4350030000  0.0098864318
> org-encrypt-entries                                           1           0.000424      0.000424
> org-scan-tags                                                 1           0.000368      0.000368
> org-make-tags-matcher                                         1           5.1e-05       5.1e-05
> org-activate-plain-links                                      1           2.4e-05       2.4e-05
> org-raise-scripts                                             1           2.1e-05       2.1e-05
> org-fontify-meta-lines-and-blocks                             1           1.9e-05       1.9e-05
> org-font-lock-hook                                            1           1.9e-05       1.9e-05
> org-outline-level                                             5           1.9e-05       3.8e-06
> org-mode-flyspell-verify                                      14          1.8e-05       1.285...e-06
> org-inlinetask-fontify                                        1           1.5e-05       1.5e-05
> org-activate-footnote-links                                   1           1.5e-05       1.5e-05
> org-unfontify-region                                          1           1.2e-05       1.2e-05
> org-do-emphasis-faces                                         1           1.2e-05       1.2e-05
> org-activate-angle-links                                      1           1.2e-05       1.2e-05
> org-activate-dates                                            1           1.1e-05       1.1e-05
> org-fontify-entities                                          1           1.1e-05       1.1e-05
> --8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---
> 
> From these timings, the font locking doesn't seem to be the issue but
> maybe the overlays are.  However, commenting out the code that Sébastien
> Vauban indicated:
> 
>> Maybe this is (partly?) due to the overlay I added:
>> 
>> #+begin_src emacs-lisp
>>                (overlay-put (make-overlay beg1 block-end)
>>                             'face 'org-block-background))
>> #+end_src
> 
> (well, commenting out the whole condition that includes this code) makes
> no difference at all.

Did you restart Emacs?  Because if you just continued, all those
overlays are there already.

> 
> So, I turned off =org-src-fontify-natively= and things are back to
> normal: next-line is as fast as previous-line.  I can put up without the
> fontification so this is what I am doing now.  
> 
> However, as it's a pity to lose the native fontification, it would be
> nice to solve this problem in another way.  Can anybody suggest any
> other thing to try?

The problem with the multiple overlays that were created
during native fontification is now fixed.  I would be interested
to know if this improves the situation.

- Carsten

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 26+ messages in thread

* Re: org-src-fontify-natively makes things very, very slow
  2011-04-28 20:59                     ` Carsten Dominik
@ 2011-04-28 23:32                       ` Eric S Fraga
  2011-04-30 19:45                         ` Eric S Fraga
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 26+ messages in thread
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2011-04-28 23:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik@gmail.com> writes:

> On 21.3.2011, at 18:06, Eric S Fraga wrote:
>
>> Hello again,
>> 
>> going back to the original subject of this thread (although thanks all
>> for your inputs on yasnippet ;-), I have started working on a new
>> document and am finding the slowdown of navigation (next-line) very
>> annoying.  In this document, I have two gnuplot source blocks.
>> Navigating through them, I get the following results from elp:

[...]

>> From these timings, the font locking doesn't seem to be the issue but
>> maybe the overlays are.  However, commenting out the code that Sébastien
>> Vauban indicated:
>> 
>>> Maybe this is (partly?) due to the overlay I added:
>>> 
>>> #+begin_src emacs-lisp
>>>                (overlay-put (make-overlay beg1 block-end)
>>>                             'face 'org-block-background))
>>> #+end_src
>> 
>> (well, commenting out the whole condition that includes this code) makes
>> no difference at all.
>
> Did you restart Emacs?  Because if you just continued, all those
> overlays are there already.

I cannot remember.  Sorry.

>> So, I turned off =org-src-fontify-natively= and things are back to
>> normal: next-line is as fast as previous-line.  I can put up without the
>> fontification so this is what I am doing now.  
>> 
>> However, as it's a pity to lose the native fontification, it would be
>> nice to solve this problem in another way.  Can anybody suggest any
>> other thing to try?
>
> The problem with the multiple overlays that were created
> during native fontification is now fixed.  I would be interested
> to know if this improves the situation.
>
> - Carsten
>

Thanks.  I've re-enabled =org-src-fontify-natively= and will let you
know how I get on!

-- 
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.50.1
: using Org-mode version 7.5 (release_7.5.225.gbfdc9.dirty)

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 26+ messages in thread

* Re: org-src-fontify-natively makes things very, very slow
  2011-04-28 23:32                       ` Eric S Fraga
@ 2011-04-30 19:45                         ` Eric S Fraga
  2011-05-01 13:37                           ` Carsten Dominik
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 26+ messages in thread
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2011-04-30 19:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Eric S Fraga <e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk> writes:

[...]

>> The problem with the multiple overlays that were created
>> during native fontification is now fixed.  I would be interested
>> to know if this improves the situation.
>>
>> - Carsten
>>
>
> Thanks.  I've re-enabled =org-src-fontify-natively= and will let you
> know how I get on!

Carsten,

The past two days I have had this enabled and have been doing a lot of
source code block editing etc.  Everything seems to be working just
fine.  No obvious slowdowns to report.

Thanks,
eric

-- 
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.50.1
: using Org-mode version 7.5 (release_7.5.226.gc7ed6.dirty)

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 26+ messages in thread

* Re: org-src-fontify-natively makes things very, very slow
  2011-04-30 19:45                         ` Eric S Fraga
@ 2011-05-01 13:37                           ` Carsten Dominik
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 26+ messages in thread
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2011-05-01 13:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric S Fraga; +Cc: emacs-orgmode


On 30.4.2011, at 21:45, Eric S Fraga wrote:

> Eric S Fraga <e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk> writes:
> 
> [...]
> 
>>> The problem with the multiple overlays that were created
>>> during native fontification is now fixed.  I would be interested
>>> to know if this improves the situation.
>>> 
>>> - Carsten
>>> 
>> 
>> Thanks.  I've re-enabled =org-src-fontify-natively= and will let you
>> know how I get on!
> 
> Carsten,
> 
> The past two days I have had this enabled and have been doing a lot of
> source code block editing etc.  Everything seems to be working just
> fine.  No obvious slowdowns to report.

Excellent, thanks.

- Carsten

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 26+ messages in thread

end of thread, other threads:[~2011-05-01 13:37 UTC | newest]

Thread overview: 26+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2011-03-17 13:59 org-src-fontify-natively makes things very, very slow Julian Burgos
2011-03-17 18:28 ` Eric S Fraga
2011-03-17 20:34   ` Sébastien Vauban
2011-03-18  0:11     ` Julian Burgos
2011-03-18  8:38     ` Eric S Fraga
2011-03-18 12:44       ` Julian Burgos
2011-03-19  9:20       ` Sébastien Vauban
2011-03-19 12:28         ` suvayu ali
2011-03-19 20:37           ` Eric S Fraga
2011-03-19 20:34         ` Eric S Fraga
2011-03-20  4:23           ` Le Wang
2011-03-20 19:41             ` Eric S Fraga
2011-03-21  2:37               ` Le Wang
2011-03-21 13:57                 ` Eric Schulte
2011-03-21 17:06                   ` Eric S Fraga
2011-03-21 22:23                     ` Sébastien Vauban
2011-03-22  9:18                       ` Ulf Stegemann
2011-03-29 14:49                       ` Matt Lundin
2011-03-29 16:49                         ` Eric S Fraga
2011-03-30  7:34                         ` Sébastien Vauban
2011-04-28 20:59                     ` Carsten Dominik
2011-04-28 23:32                       ` Eric S Fraga
2011-04-30 19:45                         ` Eric S Fraga
2011-05-01 13:37                           ` Carsten Dominik
2011-03-29 14:12           ` Matt Lundin
2011-03-29 16:44             ` Eric S Fraga

Code repositories for project(s) associated with this inbox:

	https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git

This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for read-only IMAP folder(s) and NNTP newsgroup(s).