* R: Re:  How to install CDLaTeX in emacs24, on Windows 7?
@ 2016-01-20 12:26 vendo.libri
From: vendo.libri @ 2016-01-20 12:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Rasmus,
Thank you for your suggestion.
I'm not very good at emacs so when you say "load path" do you mean <C:\home\.emacs.d\elpa\>? My .emacs configuration file is in <C:\home\>, so where do I put cdlatex.el? Do you know if yasnippet and cdlatex are compatible or not?Please refer to the screenshot at this link for Emacs my path file: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/34884310/emacs-org-cdlatex-mode-where-do-you-put-the-cdlatex-el-script

@ 2016-01-20 14:25 ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2016-01-20 14:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

"vendo.libri@libero.it" <vendo.libri@libero.it> writes:

> I'm not very good at emacs

Don’t worry.  It will come!

You could check (info "eintr"); it’s a pretty cool book.

> so when you say "load path" do you mean <C:\home\.emacs.d\elpa\>? My
> .emacs configuration file is in <C:\home\>, so where do I put
> cdlatex.el? Do you know if yasnippet and cdlatex are compatible or not?

It’s configurable.  Check the folders in the variable load-path
(hint: do C-h v RET load-path RET; RET is Enter, C is Ctrl)

Try to add something like this to your init.el:

    (add-to-list 'load-path (expand-file-name
                             (concat user-emacs-directory "lisp")))

And evaluate it in the session (C-x C-e at last closing parenthesis).
Then look up the value of load-path.  It will probably be something like
C:\home\.emacs.d\lisp (I don’t know windows very well, sorry).  Now put
the cdlatex.el in this folder.  It’s now in the Emacs load path and you,
or Org, can require it.  If you want to be fancy, you can byte-compile
cdlatex.el (M-x byte-compile-file).

> Please refer to the screenshot at this
> link for Emacs my path file:
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/34884310/emacs-org-cdlatex-mode-where-do-you-put-the-cdlatex-el-script

I did not check this.

Hope it helps,
Rasmus

--
The right to be left alone is a human right

* R: Re:  How to install CDLaTeX in emacs24, on Windows 7?
@ 2016-01-20 16:09 vendo.libri
From: vendo.libri @ 2016-01-20 16:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello Rasmus,
I did as you told me and finally CDLaTeX works in Org mode!
The command C-h v RET load-path RET revealed I had many load-paths, among
them:
"c:/home/.emacs.d/elpa/auctex-11.88.8/"
"c:/Program Files/emacs-24.4/share/emacs/site-lisp"
"c:/Program Files/emacs-24.4/share/emacs/24.4/lisp"
"c:/Program Files/emacs-24.4/share/emacs/24.4/lisp/org"

...just to name a few! I inserted it in "c:/Program Files/emacs-24.4
/share/emacs/24.4/lisp", restarted the machine and tried it out on an *.org
file. It immediately recognized it!

However I now have a new problem -- when I enable CDLaTeX the backtick doesn't
work! This is really annoying since many commands of CDLaTeX absolutely need
the backtick symbol, ( ` ). When I press the key while in CDLaTeX mode, emacs
says "Wrong type argument: characterp, 134217782". But if I disable CDLaTeX and
press that key again, Org gives no problem and prints it on screen.

I should point out that I use Colemak keyboard layout (not sure if it's
relevant) and I have redefined the backtick key and the tilde (Shift+backtick)
in my .emacs configuration file, in the following way:

<pre>
;;; a key for tilde symbol
(define-key key-translation-map (kbd "M-2") (kbd "~"))
;;; a key for backtick symbol
(define-key key-translation-map (kbd "M-6") "")
(define-key key-translation-map (kbd "M-9") (kbd "`"))
</pre>

I suppose I must find a way to tell CDLaTeX that that key is backtick and it
should accept it in order to execute the commands I'm typing. How do say that
in e-lisp?