* setting org-export-latex-image-default-option on a per file basis?
@ 2010-02-09 20:41 Lee Hinman
From: Lee Hinman @ 2010-02-09 20:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

I'm using org-babel-ditaa to insert a picture into a document I am
writing. This works great, except the inserted image is too small.  By
changing the -s option to ditaa I was able to modify the size of the
image for the HTML export but not for the LaTeX.  I did a little looking
at the .tex file and found this:

\includegraphics[width=10em]{before1.png}

the width=10em is controlled by org-export-latex-image-default-option.
Ideally I'd like to change this value for this file only, something
like an entry in the #+OPTIONS line.  But org-export-plist-vars has that
element set to nil so it isn't configurable via that method.  Does
anyone have a suggestion of how I could tweak this variable on a per
file basis?

Thanks for any suggestions.

--
Lee Hinman
hinman@gmail.com

* Re: setting org-export-latex-image-default-option on a per file basis?
@ 2010-02-10  2:01 ` Dan Davison
From: Dan Davison @ 2010-02-10  2:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lee Hinman; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Lee Hinman <hinman@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm using org-babel-ditaa to insert a picture into a document I am
> writing. This works great, except the inserted image is too small.  By
> changing the -s option to ditaa I was able to modify the size of the
> image for the HTML export but not for the LaTeX.  I did a little looking
> at the .tex file and found this:
>
> \includegraphics[width=10em]{before1.png}
>
> the width=10em is controlled by org-export-latex-image-default-option.
> Ideally I'd like to change this value for this file only, something
> like an entry in the #+OPTIONS line.  But org-export-plist-vars has that
> element set to nil so it isn't configurable via that method.  Does
> anyone have a suggestion of how I could tweak this variable on a per
> file basis?

Hi Lee,

I was just having the same problem. We can use a file-local variable,
for now.

# Local Variables:
# org-export-latex-image-default-option: "width=30em"
# End:

This goes "near the end of the file" according to
http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Specifying-File-Variables.html#Specifying-File-Variables.

Dan

@ 2010-02-10  2:23   ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2010-02-10  2:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dan Davison; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Dan Davison <davison@stats.ox.ac.uk> wrote:

> Lee Hinman <hinman@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm using org-babel-ditaa to insert a picture into a document I am
> > writing. This works great, except the inserted image is too small.  By
> > changing the -s option to ditaa I was able to modify the size of the
> > image for the HTML export but not for the LaTeX.  I did a little looking
> > at the .tex file and found this:
> >
> > \includegraphics[width=10em]{before1.png}
> >
> > the width=10em is controlled by org-export-latex-image-default-option.
> > Ideally I'd like to change this value for this file only, something
> > like an entry in the #+OPTIONS line.  But org-export-plist-vars has that
> > element set to nil so it isn't configurable via that method.  Does
> > anyone have a suggestion of how I could tweak this variable on a per
> > file basis?
>
> Hi Lee,
>
> I was just having the same problem. We can use a file-local variable,
> for now.
>
> # Local Variables:
> # org-export-latex-image-default-option: "width=30em"
> # End:
>
> This goes "near the end of the file" according to
> http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Specifying-File-Variables.html#Specifying-File-Variables.
>
> Dan

You should also be able to use BIND for this:

#+BIND: org-export-latex-image-default-option "width=30em"

should do it. I think this should work but I have not tested it.

HTH,
Nick

* Re: setting org-export-latex-image-default-option on a per file basis?
@ 2010-02-10  8:00     ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-02-10  8:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nicholas.dokos; +Cc: Dan Davison, emacs-orgmode

On Feb 10, 2010, at 3:23 AM, Nick Dokos wrote:

> Dan Davison <davison@stats.ox.ac.uk> wrote:
>
>> Lee Hinman <hinman@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I'm using org-babel-ditaa to insert a picture into a document I am
>>> writing. This works great, except the inserted image is too
>>> small.  By
>>> changing the -s option to ditaa I was able to modify the size of the
>>> image for the HTML export but not for the LaTeX.  I did a little
>>> looking
>>> at the .tex file and found this:
>>>
>>> \includegraphics[width=10em]{before1.png}
>>>
>>> the width=10em is controlled by org-export-latex-image-default-
>>> option.
>>> Ideally I'd like to change this value for this file only, something
>>> like an entry in the #+OPTIONS line.  But org-export-plist-vars
>>> has that
>>> element set to nil so it isn't configurable via that method.  Does
>>> anyone have a suggestion of how I could tweak this variable on a per
>>> file basis?
>>
>> Hi Lee,
>>
>> I was just having the same problem. We can use a file-local variable,
>> for now.
>>
>> # Local Variables:
>> # org-export-latex-image-default-option: "width=30em"
>> # End:
>>
>> This goes "near the end of the file" according to
>> http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Specifying-File-Variables.html#Specifying-File-Variables
>> .
>>
>> Dan
>>

> You should also be able to use BIND for this:
>
> #+BIND: org-export-latex-image-default-option "width=30em"
>
> should do it. I think this should work but I have not tested it.

You can also, on a per image basis, use

     #+ATTR_LaTeX: width=30em

just before the ditaa block.

HTH