* Manual 2.2.2 and 16.7 needs to amended
       [not found] <708b3f3d-147b-a798-52cf-a13809c7470f.ref@verizon.net>
@ 2020-05-13 20:28 ` Charles Millar
From: Charles Millar @ 2020-05-13 20:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

I think the following changes are required: in the manual, if they
already have not been made in the past few hours:

2.2.2
When Emacs first visits an Org file, the global state is set to
SHOWEVERYTHING, i.e., all file content is visible(1).

(No idea if the footnote needs to be changed.)

Likewise in section 16.7 the explanation for #+STARTUP, to wit:

responding variable for global default
settings is ‘org-startup-folded’ with a default value of ‘t’, which
is the same as ‘overview’.

needs amendment to reflect the current change in default visibility
behavior.

Current version Org mode version 9.3.6 (release_9.3.6-619-g434940 @
/usr/local/share/org-mode/lisp/)

Best,

Charlie

* Re: Manual 2.2.2 and 16.7 needs to amended
@ 2020-05-14  4:05   ` Kyle Meyer
From: Kyle Meyer @ 2020-05-14  4:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Charles Millar, emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Charles Millar writes:

> I think the following changes are required: in the manual, if they
> already have not been made in the past few hours:
>
> 2.2.2
> When Emacs first visits an Org file, the global state is set to
> SHOWEVERYTHING, i.e., all file content is visible(1).
>
> (No idea if the footnote needs to be changed.)

The footnote looks okay. It's about org-agenda-inhibit-startup and isn't
dependent on the default value of org-startup-folded.

> Likewise in section 16.7 the explanation for #+STARTUP, to wit:
>
> responding variable for global default
> settings is ‘org-startup-folded’ with a default value of ‘t’, which
> is the same as ‘overview’.
>
> needs amendment to reflect the current change in default visibility
> behavior.

I've updated the two spots you mentioned (cd2b108d2).  Thanks.