* Sorting and renumbering footnotes
@ 2009-06-30 14:38 Karl Maihofer
From: Karl Maihofer @ 2009-06-30 14:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I use Org to write quite long documents with many footnotes and I am
wondering if there is a way to renumber the footnotes when sorting
with "C-u C-c C-x f s". "n" at the end is not what I am looking for.
I'd like the footnotes to stay at the position set by
org-footnote-section.

Simple visual example:

* First Headline

Org-mode is for keeping[fn:2] notes, maintaining ToDo lists, doing
project[fn:3] planning, and
authoring with a fast and effective[fn:1] plain-text system.

[fn:1] Third Footnote.

[fn:2] Frist Footnote.

[fn:3] Second Footnote.

* Second Headline

Pressing "C-u C-c C-x f s" resuls in the following:

* First Headline

Org-mode is for keeping[fn:2] notes, maintaining ToDo lists, doing
project[fn:3] planning, and
authoring with a fast and effective[fn:1] plain-text system.

[fn:2] Frist Footnote.

[fn:3] Second Footnote.

[fn:1] Third Footnote.

* Second Headline

How can I achieve this:

* First Headline

Org-mode is for keeping[fn:1] notes, maintaining ToDo lists, doing
project[fn:2] planning, and
authoring with a fast and effective[fn:3] plain-text system.

[fn:1] Frist Footnote.

[fn:2] Second Footnote.

[fn:3] Third Footnote.

* Second Headline