* Sorting and renumbering footnotes
@ 2009-06-30 14:38 Karl Maihofer
From: Karl Maihofer @ 2009-06-30 14:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I use Org to write quite long documents with many footnotes and I am
wondering if there is a way to renumber the footnotes when sorting
with "C-u C-c C-x f s". "n" at the end is not what I am looking for.
I'd like the footnotes to stay at the position set by
org-footnote-section.

Simple visual example:

* First Headline

Org-mode is for keeping[fn:2] notes, maintaining ToDo lists, doing
project[fn:3] planning, and
authoring with a fast and effective[fn:1] plain-text system.

[fn:1] Third Footnote.

[fn:2] Frist Footnote.

[fn:3] Second Footnote.

* Second Headline

Pressing "C-u C-c C-x f s" resuls in the following:

* First Headline

Org-mode is for keeping[fn:2] notes, maintaining ToDo lists, doing
project[fn:3] planning, and
authoring with a fast and effective[fn:1] plain-text system.

[fn:2] Frist Footnote.

[fn:3] Second Footnote.

[fn:1] Third Footnote.

* Second Headline

How can I achieve this:

* First Headline

Org-mode is for keeping[fn:1] notes, maintaining ToDo lists, doing
project[fn:2] planning, and
authoring with a fast and effective[fn:3] plain-text system.

[fn:1] Frist Footnote.

[fn:2] Second Footnote.

[fn:3] Third Footnote.

* Second Headline

Karl

* Re: Sorting and renumbering footnotes
@ 2009-07-01  8:39 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-07-01  8:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Karl Maihofer; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Karl,

this is now implemented as [r] action in the footnote actions.  [r]
dies only renumbering, no sorting, so you'd have to use 2 commands.

HTH

- Carsten

@ 2009-07-01 10:04   ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-07-01 10:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Jul 1, 2009, at 10:39 AM, Carsten Dominik wrote:

> Hi Karl,
>
> this is now implemented as [r] action in the footnote actions.  [r]
> dies only renumbering, no sorting, so you'd have to use 2 commands.

Actually, I just also added [S] as a shortcut for first [r] then [s]

- Carsten

> HTH
>
> - Carsten
>
> On Jun 30, 2009, at 4:38 PM, Karl Maihofer wrote:
>
>> I use Org to write quite long documents with many footnotes and I
>> am wondering if there is a way to renumber the footnotes when
>> sorting with "C-u C-c C-x f s". "n" at the end is not what I am
>> looking for. I'd like the footnotes to stay at the position set by
>> org-footnote-section.
>>
>> Simple visual example:

>> * First Headline
>>
>> Org-mode is for keeping[fn:2] notes, maintaining ToDo lists, doing
>> project[fn:3] planning, and
>> authoring with a fast and effective[fn:1] plain-text system.
>>
>> [fn:1] Third Footnote.
>>
>> [fn:2] Frist Footnote.
>>
>> [fn:3] Second Footnote.
>>
>> * Second Headline
>>
>> Pressing "C-u C-c C-x f s" resuls in the following:

>> * First Headline
>>
>> Org-mode is for keeping[fn:2] notes, maintaining ToDo lists, doing
>> project[fn:3] planning, and
>> authoring with a fast and effective[fn:1] plain-text system.
>>
>> [fn:2] Frist Footnote.
>>
>> [fn:3] Second Footnote.
>>
>> [fn:1] Third Footnote.
>>
>> * Second Headline
>>
>> How can I achieve this:

>> * First Headline
>>
>> Org-mode is for keeping[fn:1] notes, maintaining ToDo lists, doing
>> project[fn:2] planning, and
>> authoring with a fast and effective[fn:3] plain-text system.
>>
>> [fn:1] Frist Footnote.
>>
>> [fn:2] Second Footnote.
>>
>> [fn:3] Third Footnote.
>>
>> * Second Headline
>>
>> Karl

=======================
PLEASE NOTE NEW ADDRESS
=======================
prof.dr. Carsten Dominik				dominik@uva.nl
Astronomical Institute 'Anton Pannekoek' 	 	www.astro.uva.nl/~dominik
Faculty of Science, University of Amsterdam		phone 	+31-20-5257477/7491
SCIENCE PARK 904, ROOM C4-106			fax   	+31-20-5257484
1098 XH Amsterdam, The Netherlands
mail: PO BOX 94249, 1090GE, Amsterdam

* Re: Sorting and renumbering footnotes
@ 2009-07-01 15:08     ` Karl Maihofer
From: Karl Maihofer @ 2009-07-01 15:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode; +Cc: Carsten Dominik

Carsten Dominik <dominik@uva.nl> schrieb:
>> this is now implemented as [r] action in the footnote actions.  [r]
>> dies only renumbering, no sorting, so you'd have to use 2 commands.
>
> Actually, I just also added [S] as a shortcut for first [r] then [s]

Carsten, thank you VERY much! It works perfect.