* Trouble using julia with org-babel
@ 2014-10-29 16:35 Doyley, Marvin M.
From: Doyley, Marvin M. @ 2014-10-29 16:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hi there,

I have been play  with julia the last couple of weeks and have been having some issues when I try to use it in org-babel

More specifically, It get the following error

ERROR: unsupported or misplaced expression using
 in _start at ./client.jl:394
 in _start at /julia/usr/lib/julia/sys.dylib

When I execute the following code block

#+begin_src julia
using Winston
#+end_src

#+RESULTS:

I should mention, that everything works perfectly in eshell or when I execute simple code blocks like

#+begin_src julia
linspace(0,10,5)
#+end_src

#+RESULTS:
|   0 |
| 2.5 |
|   5 |
| 7.5 |
|  10 |

Does Any body know how to resolve this issue.

Cheers,

* Re: Trouble using julia with org-babel
@ 2014-10-30  1:43 ` Ista Zahn
From: Ista Zahn @ 2014-10-30  1:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Doyley, Marvin M.; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 12:35 PM, Doyley, Marvin M.
<mdoyley@ur.rochester.edu> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I have been play  with julia the last couple of weeks and have been having
> some issues when I try to use it in org-babel
>
> More specifically, It get the following error
>
> ERROR: unsupported or misplaced expression using
>  in _start at ./client.jl:394
>  in _start at /julia/usr/lib/julia/sys.dylib
>

> When I execute the following code block
>
> #+begin_src julia
> using Winston
> #+end_src

I get the same thing, though both of these variations work for me:

#+begin_src julia
using Winston
1 + 1
#+end_src

#+RESULTS:
: 2

#+begin_src julia :results output
  using Winston
#+end_src

Hope this helps,
Ista

@ 2014-10-30  2:09   ` Doyley, Marvin M.
From: Doyley, Marvin M. @ 2014-10-30  2:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ista Zahn; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

I am using release-0.3.0 what version are you using. I am also using ob-julia.el
Cheers,

Sent from my iPad

@ 2014-10-30  2:53     ` Ista Zahn
From: Ista Zahn @ 2014-10-30  2:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Doyley, Marvin M.; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 10:09 PM, Doyley, Marvin M.
<mdoyley@ur.rochester.edu> wrote:
> I am using release-0.3.0 what version are you using. I am also using ob-julia.el

I'm using julia version 0.3.1 with GNU Emacs 24.4.1 and Org-mode
version 8.2.10. I'm using the ob-julia.el distributed with
org-plus-contrib.

Best,
Ista

> Cheers,
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
>> On Oct 29, 2014, at 9:43 PM, Ista Zahn <istazahn@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 12:35 PM, Doyley, Marvin M.
>> <mdoyley@ur.rochester.edu> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi there,
>>>
>>> I have been play  with julia the last couple of weeks and have been having
>>> some issues when I try to use it in org-babel
>>>
>>> More specifically, It get the following error
>>>
>>> ERROR: unsupported or misplaced expression using
>>> in _start at ./client.jl:394
>>> in _start at /julia/usr/lib/julia/sys.dylib
>>>

>>> When I execute the following code block
>>>
>>> #+begin_src julia
>>> using Winston
>>> #+end_src
>>
>> I get the same thing, though both of these variations work for me:
>>
>> #+begin_src julia
>> using Winston
>> 1 + 1
>> #+end_src
>>
>> #+RESULTS:
>> : 2
>>
>> #+begin_src julia :results output
>>  using Winston
>> #+end_src
>>
>> Hope this helps,
>> Ista
>>>
>>> #+RESULTS:
>>>
>>> I should mention, that everything works perfectly in eshell or when I
>>> execute simple code blocks like
>>>

>>> #+begin_src julia
>>> linspace(0,10,5)
>>> #+end_src
>>>
>>> #+RESULTS:
>>> |   0 |
>>> | 2.5 |
>>> |   5 |
>>> | 7.5 |
>>> |  10 |
>>>

>>> Does Any body know how to resolve this issue.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> M

* Re: Trouble using julia with org-babel
@ 2014-10-30 19:54       ` Doyley, Marvin M.
From: Doyley, Marvin M. @ 2014-10-30 19:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ista Zahn; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hi Ista,

It is now working for Winston, but I am having problems with PyPlot is the case for you ?

thanks

PS this is the error that I get when trying to load PyPlot

ERROR: could not load module python: dlopen(python.dylib, 9): image not found
 in pyinitialize at /Users/doyley/.julia/v0.3/PyCall/src/PyCall.jl:456
 in pyimport at /Users/doyley/.julia/v0.3/PyCall/src/PyCall.jl:105
 in include at ./boot.jl:245
 in include_from_node1 at ./loading.jl:128
 in reload_path at loading.jl:152
 in _require at loading.jl:67
 in require at loading.jl:51
 in _start at ./client.jl:394
 in _start at /julia/usr/lib/julia/sys.dylib
while loading /Users/doyley/.julia/v0.3/PyPlot/src/PyPlot.jl, in expression starting on line 32