* Exporting multilingual documents (with Japanese) to PDF
@ 2015-09-07 20:56 Luis Felipe López Acevedo
From: Luis Felipe López Acevedo @ 2015-09-07 20:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I'm using Emacs 24.4.1 on Debian 8. I currently can export to PDF
documents that mix English and Spanish, but a simple document like the
following produces a PDF with no Japanese characters at all. Only the
English and Spanish text is visible.

     #+TITLE: Notes on Japanese
     #+DATE: 2015-09-07

     * 2015年9月7日

     - おはようございます!
     - Good morning!
     - ¡Buenos días!

The "Org PDF LaTeX Output" shows several errors like this one:

     ! Package inputenc Error: Unicode char \u8:年 not set up for use with
LaTeX.

The complete log:
https://bitbucket.org/sirgazil/dnd/downloads/nihongo.log

Searching for a solution on the Web I found this post
http://blogs.fsfe.org/ciaran/?p=150. When I use "pdflatex JIS.tex" as
indicated there, I get a good PDF with Japanese characters.

So I'm wondering how to get this working on Org mode...

--
Luis Felipe López Acevedo
http://sirgazil.bitbucket.org/

* Exporting multilingual documents (with Japanese) to PDF
@ 2015-09-08  0:18 Luis Felipe López Acevedo