* Wanted:  Caretaker of the ODT backend
@ 2013-09-18  4:38 Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2013-09-18  4:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org mode

I am looking for someone who knows about the internals of the ODT file format, and who would have time to become the responsible person for ox-odt.el.  Since we cannot take patches from the original author (Jambunathan) anymore, this module is currently orphaned.

There are a few recent patches Jambunathan has made and published here:

We cannot take them (due to FSF rules and for other reasons as well) - but the new maintainer can take a look at them and see if there is functionality or bug fixes we need and re-implment those.  For the rest I would hope that you can watch the mailing list and Emacs bug reports for issues related to this backend and try to fix them, obviously with support from the mailing list.  Also,maybe there are ideas for additional functionality?

Please write to me if you are interested.

Thank you.

- Carsten