* Emacs-Orgmode Archive search fails
@ 2015-04-02 21:07 Charles Millar
From: Charles Millar @ 2015-04-02 21:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

It has been a while since I searched the mailing list archives. Did I
miss an announcement or is the search engine broken?

For the past few days, any search request in the mailing list archives
either yields no result or just one and the same result - "Citations,
continued, etc." /archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2015-02/msg00028.html
<https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2015-02/msg00028.html>
(7,961 bytes)

This occurs on both Debian and Windows 7 machine.

Charlie Millar

* Re: Emacs-Orgmode Archive search fails
@ 2015-04-03 14:11 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2015-04-03 14:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Charles Millar <millarc@verizon.net> writes:

> It has been a while since I searched the mailing list archives. Did I
> miss an announcement or is the search engine broken?
>
> For the past few days, any search request in the mailing list archives
> either yields no result or just one and the same result - "Citations,
> continued, etc." /archive/html/ emacs-orgmode/2015-02/msg00028.html
> (7,961 bytes)
>
> This occurs on both Debian and Windows 7 machine.

I tried a simple search through Gnus search on the newsgroup ("G G")
and on the web page http://news.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode. Both
succeeded, so whatever it was seems to have been fixed.

In the past, when the search engine failed (and it has failed a couple
of times), a message to LarsI with the details of the failure has been
enough to get things going again (sometimes with a couple of days
delay).
--
Nick

* Re: Emacs-Orgmode Archive search fails
@ 2015-04-03 18:01   ` Charles Millar
From: Charles Millar @ 2015-04-03 18:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 04/03/2015 10:11 AM, Nick Dokos wrote:
> Charles Millar <millarc@verizon.net> writes:
>
>> It has been a while since I searched the mailing list archives. Did I
>> miss an announcement or is the search engine broken?
>>
>> For the past few days, any search request in the mailing list archives
>> either yields no result or just one and the same result - "Citations,
>> continued, etc." /archive/html/ emacs-orgmode/2015-02/msg00028.html
>> (7,961 bytes)
>>
>> This occurs on both Debian and Windows 7 machine.
>>
> I tried a simple search through Gnus search on the newsgroup ("G G")
> and on the web page http://news.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode. Both
> succeeded, so whatever it was seems to have been fixed.

My searches on gmane.emacs.emacs succeeded,
> In the past, when the search engine failed (and it has failed a couple
> of times), a message to LarsI with the details of the failure has been
> enough to get things going again (sometimes with a couple of days
> delay).
Unfortunately searches on the orgmode list still fail. I will do as you
suggest.

Thanks, Nick

Charlie

* Re: Emacs-Orgmode Archive search fails
@ 2015-08-05  0:00 ` Bastien Guerry
From: Bastien Guerry @ 2015-08-05  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Charles Millar; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Charles,

Charles Millar <millarc@verizon.net> writes:

> It has been a while since I searched the mailing list archives. Did I
> miss an announcement or is the search engine broken?

Did you get any answer by Lars on this?

 Bastien

* Re: Emacs-Orgmode Archive search fails
@ 2015-08-08 12:05   ` Charles Millar
From: Charles Millar @ 2015-08-08 12:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien Guerry; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On 08/04/2015 08:00 PM, Bastien Guerry wrote:
> Hi Charles,
>
> Charles Millar <millarc@verizon.net> writes:
>
>> It has been a while since I searched the mailing list archives. Did I
>> miss an announcement or is the search engine broken?
> Did you get any answer by Lars on this?
>
> Thanks,

No.

I just tried the mail list archive search again with simply "latex" and
"LaTeX" and still the one and only result is to a February 2015 message.
Other similar simple searches yield nothing.

Charlie

* Re: Emacs-Orgmode Archive search fails
@ 2015-08-18 15:29     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2015-08-18 15:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Charles Millar; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Charles,