* Title of org files in github not recognized
@ 2014-05-01 10:20 Julian Gehring
From: Julian Gehring @ 2014-05-01 10:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

How I can convince github to recognize the '#+TITLE:' field of an
org-file?  This should be a 'h1' heading, while it is currently treated
as normal text (for example, see
https://github.com/julian-gehring/vignettes/blob/master/README.org).  I
know that this is a problem of the parsing on github's site, but is
anyone aware of a good solution?

Best wishes
Julian

* Re: Title of org files in github not recognized
@ 2014-05-01 10:58 ` Ian Kelling
From: Ian Kelling @ 2014-05-01 10:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julian Gehring; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Julian Gehring <julian.gehring@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> How I can convince github to recognize the '#+TITLE:' field of an org-file?  This should be a 'h1' heading, while it is
> currently treated as normal text (for example, see https://github.com/julian-gehring/vignettes/blob/master/README.org).
> I know that this is a problem of the parsing on github's site, but is anyone aware of a good solution?
>
> Best wishes
> Julian

Use free software, then you can fix it. One example,
https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ce/blob/master/README.md

* Re: Title of org files in github not recognized
@ 2014-05-01 12:17 ` Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2014-05-01 12:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Julian Gehring wrote:
> How I can convince github to recognize the '#+TITLE:' field of an org-file?
> This should be a 'h1' heading, while it is currently treated as normal text
> (for example, see
> https://github.com/julian-gehring/vignettes/blob/master/README.org).  I know
> that this is a problem of the parsing on github's site, but is anyone aware of
> a good solution?

That was supposed to be solved.

See https://github.com/wallyqs/org-ruby/issues/3

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban

* Re: Title of org files in github not recognized
@ 2014-05-01 12:52   ` Julian Gehring
From: Julian Gehring @ 2014-05-01 12:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Seb,

Nice. So it seems that github is using an older version of org-ruby.  Is
it clear what the update policy/cycle of github for softwares like
org-ruby is?

Best wishes
Julian

@ 2014-05-01 15:21     ` Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2014-05-01 15:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Julian Gehring wrote:
> On 01.05.2014 14:17, Sebastien Vauban wrote:
>> Julian Gehring wrote:
>>> How I can convince github to recognize the '#+TITLE:' field of an
>>> org-file?  This should be a 'h1' heading, while it is currently
>>> treated as normal text (for example, see
>>> https://github.com/julian-gehring/vignettes/blob/master/README.org).
>>> I know that this is a problem of the parsing on github's site, but
>>> is anyone aware of a good solution?
>>
>> That was supposed to be solved.
>>
>> See https://github.com/wallyqs/org-ruby/issues/3
>
> Nice. So it seems that github is using an older version of org-ruby.  Is it
> clear what the update policy/cycle of github for softwares like org-ruby is?

Unfortunately, not to me... ;-)

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban

* Re: Title of org files in github not recognized
@ 2014-05-02  5:44       ` Waldemar Quevedo
From: Waldemar Quevedo @ 2014-05-02  5:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastien Vauban; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi, yes this issue would be fixed once Github upgrades the Ruby
implementation of the parser.

To upgrade the version it takes making a pull request to the github/markup
repository so that they bump the version and do the release, but it takes
some time before the upgrade is validated (security checks, etc...)
There another couple of issues that I would like it that they make it to
Github, so once having those tackled I'll see if I can ask one of the
maintainers to help out planning for an update soon.

Cheers

@ 2014-05-02  9:06         ` Julian Gehring
From: Julian Gehring @ 2014-05-02  9:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Waldemar Quevedo; +Cc: Sebastien Vauban, emacs-orgmode

Hi Waldemar,

Thanks, I'm looking forward to see all these improvements also in github.

Best wishes
Julian