* FR: populate default prompt text for org-time-stamp on an existing time stamp?
@ 2007-11-08 13:03 Adam Spiers
From: Adam Spiers @ 2007-11-08 13:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Another feature request (sorry - I'm beginning to feel quite guilty
about the deluge I've rained on Carsten's inbox recently :-)

If I position the point on an existing timestamp which includes not
only the date but also the time, e.g.

* <2007-11-27 Tue 19:30-20:30>

and then hit 'C-c .', then the popup date chooser nicely puts the
point on November 27th in the Calendar buffer.  However, the existing
time is ignored, which means if I want to tweak the start or end
times, I have to retype something like "7pm+1".  It would be really
nice if the minibuffer prompt was automatically populated with "7:30pm+1"
so that for example shifting the whole appointment 30 mins earlier
would be a simpler matter of changing a '3' digit to a '0'.

* Re: FR: populate default prompt text for org-time-stamp on an existing time stamp?
@ 2007-11-11 20:49 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-11-11 20:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

On  8Nov2007, at 2:03 PM, Adam Spiers wrote:

> Another feature request (sorry - I'm beginning to feel quite guilty
> about the deluge I've rained on Carsten's inbox recently :-)

As long as these requests are useful as this one, and as long as you
see it as the proposers task and duty to thoroughly test the new
feature once it is implemented, keep firing!

I am putting this into 5.14 as well.

- Carsten

@ 2007-11-24 21:19   ` Adam Spiers
From: Adam Spiers @ 2007-11-24 21:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, Nov 11, 2007 at 09:49:11PM +0100, Carsten Dominik wrote:
> On  8Nov2007, at 2:03 PM, Adam Spiers wrote:
> >Another feature request (sorry - I'm beginning to feel quite guilty
> >about the deluge I've rained on Carsten's inbox recently :-)
>
> As long as these requests are useful as this one, and as long as you
> see it as the proposers task and duty to thoroughly test the new
> feature once it is implemented, keep firing!

Challenge accepted! :-)

> I am putting this into 5.14 as well.

Beautiful, thanks.