* Taskjuggler and installation
@ 2012-06-05 20:38 Simon Thum
From: Simon Thum @ 2012-06-05 20:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

I am using org-mode's taskjuggler export on two machines (win7 standard
emacs 23.3/linux emacs 23.4.2) with 99% identical configuartion. Except
for one funny thing:

Taskjuggler export raises an undefined function on windows. Yes, I do
require 'org-install, org-mode from identical sources (git-sync'ed).
Linux is fine.

I am fixing this by adding a require 'org-taskjuggler, but that can't
really be it. Any advice how to track this down?

Thanks in advance,

Simon

* Re: Taskjuggler and installation
@ 2012-06-05 23:46 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2012-06-05 23:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Simon Thum; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Simon Thum <simon.thum@gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am using org-mode's taskjuggler export on two machines (win7 standard
> emacs 23.3/linux emacs 23.4.2) with 99% identical configuartion. Except
> for one funny thing:

What org-version? Do you byte-compile the code on both platforms?

> Taskjuggler export raises an undefined function on windows. Yes, I do
> require 'org-install, org-mode from identical sources (git-sync'ed).
> Linux is fine.

What function?

> I am fixing this by adding a require 'org-taskjuggler, but that can't
> really be it. Any advice how to track this down?

M-x toggle-debug-on-error RET

and look at the backtrace to see what the call chain looks like.  A
missing autoload perhaps? Why exactly 23.3 on windows and 23.4.2 on
linux behave differently is a mystery, at least for now.

Nick

* Re: Taskjuggler and installation
@ 2012-06-07 19:45   ` Simon Thum
From: Simon Thum @ 2012-06-07 19:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nicholas.dokos; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On 06/06/2012 01:46 AM, Nick Dokos wrote:
> Simon Thum<simon.thum@gmx.de>  wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I am using org-mode's taskjuggler export on two machines (win7 standard
>> emacs 23.3/linux emacs 23.4.2) with 99% identical configuartion. Except
>> for one funny thing:
>>

> What org-version? Do you byte-compile the code on both platforms?
git maint - I don't, and checked if there are elcs for some reason.

>> Taskjuggler export raises an undefined function on windows. Yes, I do
>> require 'org-install, org-mode from identical sources (git-sync'ed).
>> Linux is fine.
>>

> What function?
org-export-taskjuggler is not commandp, as it is undefined.

>> I am fixing this by adding a require 'org-taskjuggler, but that can't
>> really be it. Any advice how to track this down?
>>

> M-x toggle-debug-on-error RET
... the gets me to where the error occurs.

> and look at the backtrace to see what the call chain looks like.  A
> missing autoload perhaps? Why exactly 23.3 on windows and 23.4.2 on
> linux behave differently is a mystery, at least for now.
The call chain had no apparent irregularities. I'm not on the machine
now, but going through the source the git stuff has no org-install.el.

So I guess the problem is emacs picking up some odd org-install. It's
not even in git, I'll try making one on my linux machine and copy over.

Thanks anyway!

Simon

> Nick

* [Solved] Re:  Taskjuggler and installation
@ 2012-06-12 20:42   ` Simon Thum
From: Simon Thum @ 2012-06-12 20:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nicholas.dokos; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

just wanted to say it was indeed emacs picking up an ages-old
org-install.el.

Thanks,

Simon