* Version 7.5: org-export-html-preamble no longer supports function
@ 2011-03-09  2:12 Bill Jackson
From: Bill Jackson @ 2011-03-09  2:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

In version 7.4, org-export-html-preamble and org-export-html-postamble
could be set to the name of a function that was passed an option plist.
This appears to no longer be supported in 7.5.

I used this functionality when publishing to generate a preamble and
postamble to integrate the generated pages into my website, which
included a common page layout, header bar, and footer.  I was able to
define options in org-export-inbuffer-options-extra, define values for
these options in a .org file, and incorporate them into the preamble via
the option plist passed to the org-export-html-preamble function.

Is there another way in version 7.5 that I can generate custom preambles
and postambles incorporating variables from each file at the time of
publishing?

With much thanks,
Bill

* Re: Version 7.5: org-export-html-preamble no longer supports function
@ 2011-03-09  3:35 ` Jeff Horn
From: Jeff Horn @ 2011-03-09  3:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bill Jackson; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

See http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/37360/match=preamble

--
Jeffrey Horn
http://www.failuretorefrain.com/jeff/

* Re: Version 7.5: org-export-html-preamble no longer supports function
@ 2011-03-09  3:48   ` Bill Jackson
From: Bill Jackson @ 2011-03-09  3:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeff Horn; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

I had read this discussion thread (more than once!), but have not been
able to figure out how to accomplish what I was doing under 7.4 without
support for passing a function in org-export-html-preamble.  I know how
to generate a preamble, but not how to generate one customized for each
.org source file.  Am I missing something?

@ 2011-03-09 16:19 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-03-09 16:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bill Jackson; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Bill,

Bill Jackson <wj2@jacksonhost.com> writes:

> In version 7.4, org-export-html-preamble and org-export-html-postamble
> could be set to the name of a function that was passed an option plist.

See my last patch.  It allows to set org-export-html-pre/postamble to a
function that will return a string.  The function take opt-plist as its
only argument -- as org-export-html-preamble used to do.

Let me know if it works for you!

 Bastien

* Re: Version 7.5: org-export-html-preamble no longer supports function
@ 2011-03-09 18:53   ` Bill Jackson
From: Bill Jackson @ 2011-03-09 18:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien, emacs-orgmode

Bastien wrote, On 3/9/2011 8:19 AM:
> Bill Jackson<wj2@jacksonhost.com>  writes:
>> In version 7.4, org-export-html-preamble and org-export-html-postamble
>> could be set to the name of a function that was passed an option plist.
> See my last patch.  It allows to set org-export-html-pre/postamble to a
> function that will return a string.  The function take opt-plist as its
> only argument -- as org-export-html-preamble used to do.
>
> Let me know if it works for you!
This works for me.  I have not tested it _carefully_, but I did apply
your patch and my setup now works as it did before.  (Of course
:preamble and :postamble needed to be changed to :html-preamble
:html-postamble for org-publish.)

I must say that I am impressed by the work of everyone involved with
org-mode.  I have been using the package for over a year and I love the
simplicity, power, and flexibility.  To receive responses so quickly,
and to questions regarding undocumented features no less, is amazing.

Many thanks!

* Re: Version 7.5: org-export-html-preamble no longer supports function
@ 2011-03-10  9:37     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-03-10  9:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bill Jackson; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Bill,

Bill Jackson <bill@jacksonhost.com> writes:

> This works for me.

thanks for testing.

> I have not tested it _carefully_, but I did apply your
> patch and my setup now works as it did before.  (Of course :preamble and
> :postamble needed to be changed to :html-preamble :html-postamble for
> org-publish.)

Yes -- I guess I should have detailed this more carefully in the
ChangeLog.  The good thing so far is that the user doesn't have to deal
with a complex matrix of options anymore.

> I must say that I am impressed by the work of everyone involved with
> org-mode.  I have been using the package for over a year and I love the
> simplicity, power, and flexibility.  To receive responses so quickly, and
> to questions regarding undocumented features no less, is amazing.

:)

--
 Bastien