* Version 7.5: org-export-html-preamble no longer supports function
@ 2011-03-09  2:12 Bill Jackson
From: Bill Jackson @ 2011-03-09  2:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

In version 7.4, org-export-html-preamble and org-export-html-postamble
could be set to the name of a function that was passed an option plist.
This appears to no longer be supported in 7.5.

I used this functionality when publishing to generate a preamble and
postamble to integrate the generated pages into my website, which
included a common page layout, header bar, and footer.  I was able to
define options in org-export-inbuffer-options-extra, define values for
these options in a .org file, and incorporate them into the preamble via
the option plist passed to the org-export-html-preamble function.

Is there another way in version 7.5 that I can generate custom preambles
and postambles incorporating variables from each file at the time of
publishing?

With much thanks,
Bill