* Listing todos which have other todos in the subtree in the agenda
@ 2010-08-13  8:10 Jan Böcker
From: Jan Böcker @ 2010-08-13  8:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode

I have a projects.org file with entries like this:

* PROJECT Find the answer to life, the universe and everything
* PROJECT World Domination
*** NEXT build Doomsday Device

(where PROJECT and NEXT are both defined as todo keywords.)

I'd like to define a custom agenda view to get a project list. I tried a
"TAGS search" for '+TODO="PROJECT"'. My problem is that the "World
Domination" project is not shown, because the todo is blocked by the
"build Doomsday Device" next action. I tried setting
`org-enforce-todo-dependencies' to nil in the local settings for the
agenda command, but that did not help.

Setting `org-todo-keywords' to '((sequence "PROJECT")) also did not help.

I'd appreciate any ideas on how to achieve a list of all my projects,
regardless of whether they have next actions defined or not.

(Simply looking at the projects.org file is not enough, as I plan to
make a block agenda which shows projects in groups which have specific
tags, i.e. active (untagged) projects first, then those tagged
SUSPENDED, then SOMEDAY, then MAYBE.)

Thanks in advance,
  Jan