* Bug: inline image display not working when org-indent-mode active, follow-up
@ 2010-08-05  2:19 Erik Iverson
From: Erik Iverson @ 2010-08-05  2:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode; +Cc: mp26

Hello,

I am using the latest org pulled from git.

In the past few weeks, I found that the overlays of inline images in my org-mode
files would flash quickly and then be deleted when using org-indent-mode. This
also happened when re-running an org-babel source block that generates graphical
output, even without org-indent-mode turned on. [1]

I believe I've tracked this down to the following patch,

http://www.mail-archive.com/emacs-orgmode@gnu.org/msg25738.html

What I think is happening, is that org-indent-mode (or alternatively, the
org-babel result insertion process) must be triggering the
org-display-inline-modification-hook, which deletes the overlay. This
intuitively makes sense to me in both cases.

I do not know how to fix this unfortunately, but I think this is the correct
diagnosis.  For now, I've simply removed the function hook from the ov
modification-hooks, and all seems well.

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/emacs-orgmode@gnu.org/msg27500.html