* Is there a way to fill org-mode's table cell with the values nearby?
@ 2010-03-21 11:22 filebat Mark
From: filebat Mark @ 2010-03-21 11:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi All

I am wondering whether we have a handy way to fill table's cell with the
values nearby.
Like in office excel:
- C-d: Fill current cell with the value of the upper cell
- C-r: Fill current cell with the value of the left cell.

--
Thanks & Regards

Denny Zhang

* Re: Is there a way to fill org-mode's table cell with the values nearby?
@ 2010-03-21 16:00 ` Chris Randle
From: Chris Randle @ 2010-03-21 16:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: filebat Mark; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Denny Zhang (filebat Mark) wrote:
> I am wondering whether we have a handy way to fill table's cell with the
> values nearby.

S-RET will do the trick. If the current cell is empty, it copies the
first non-blank line above. If the current cell is not empty, it copies
and moves to the cell below. It will also (depending on value of
org-table-copy-increment) increment integer values as it does so.

If you supply an arg, S-RET copies from that many non-empty lines above.
With a 0 (zero) as the arg, it disables the integer increment for the
next copy.

There's a description on p.18 of v6.34c of the manual.

--
Chris Randle.

* Re: Is there a way to fill org-mode's table cell with the values nearby?
@ 2010-03-21 19:08 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-03-21 19:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: filebat Mark; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Mar 21, 2010, at 12:22 PM, filebat Mark wrote:

> Hi All
>
> I am wondering whether we have a handy way to fill table's cell with
> the values nearby.
> Like in office excel:
> - C-d: Fill current cell with the value of the upper cell
> - C-r: Fill current cell with the value of the left cell.

No we do not, but this would be easily programmed.

The keys you propose are not possible though.

- Carsten

* Re: Is there a way to fill org-mode's table cell with the values nearby?
@ 2010-03-22  8:07   ` filebat Mark
From: filebat Mark @ 2010-03-22  8:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik, chris; +Cc: emacs-orgmode