* Table Formatting Values with Dollar Signs in the Value
@ 2013-06-24 12:55 Dan LaManna
From: Dan LaManna @ 2013-06-24 12:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

An issue arose while using org table mode to display a list of files and
whether or not they exist using file-exists-p as a formula. However the
file names contain dollar signs in their name so org-mode tries to
reference that column which may or may not exist. I believe this is a bug,
or perhaps I want to use some type of max depth option. Passing the literal
flag doesn't help in this case.

Here is the original SO question including the example which lead me here:
http://stackoverflow.com/q/17263267/520929

--
*Dan LaManna*
Mobile: 518.477.3465

* Re: Table Formatting Values with Dollar Signs in the Value
@ 2013-06-24 14:45 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2013-06-24 14:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dan LaManna; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

On Jun 24, 2013, at 2:55 PM, Dan LaManna <dan.lamanna@gmail.com> wrote:

> An issue arose while using org table mode to display a list of files and whether or not they exist using file-exists-p as a formula. However the file names contain dollar signs in their name so org-mode tries to reference that column which may or may not exist. I believe this is a bug, or perhaps I want to use some type of max depth option. Passing the literal flag doesn't help in this case.
>
> Here is the original SO question including the example which lead me here: http://stackoverflow.com/q/17263267/520929

Hi,

unfortunately, there is currently no fix for this.  $500 is seen as a column specification.

The easy fix:  Don't use file names with dollars in them - this is a source of pain.

- Carsten