* MS Outlook fails to import iCal export file
@ 2006-03-27 21:15 Philip Rooke
From: Philip Rooke @ 2006-03-27 21:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I have just tried to import an iCalendar export from an Org-mode file
into Microsoft Outlook 2000 (SP3).  This was the first time I have
done this and it failed with a rather unhelpful "Import operation
failed [OK]" error message.

I tried editing the .ics export file and found that changing the
VERSION: string from 2.0 to 1.0 allowed the import to succeed.  This
is good enough as a work around for my very occasional needs.

I was just wondering whether anyone might know if there could be
something wrong with the format of original Org-mode export file.
(This version of Outlook can definitely export/import VERSION: 2.0
.ics files created by itself).

Regards,

Phil