* ASCIIMathML or LaTeXMathML for HTML?
@ 2010-01-29  4:19 Xiao-Yong Jin
From: Xiao-Yong Jin @ 2010-01-29  4:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

Lately I stumbled upon AsciiDoc[1], which uses
ASCIIMathML[2] or LaTeXMathML[3] to export math formulae in
XHTML documents.  Both of these two MathML approaches seem
very nice to me.  I am not sure if anyone has brought this
up.  But I see org-mode info says

       (1) Yes, there is MathML, but that is not yet fully supported by
    many browsers, and there is no decent converter for turning LaTeX or
    ASCII representations of formulas into MathML. So for the time being,
    converting formulas into images seems the way to go.

Admittedly, not all LaTeX functionality are supported, and
only Mozilla/Firefox supports MathML fully.  But I think it
is a decent way to support simple formulae in org-mode for
people who just want to view their notes in Firefox.

[1] http://www.methods.co.nz/asciidoc/
[2] http://www1.chapman.edu/~jipsen/mathml/asciimath.html
[3] http://www.maths.nottingham.ac.uk/personal/drw/lm.html
--