* Exporting subtree as beamer presentation
@ 2010-01-04 18:21 JBash
From: JBash @ 2010-01-04 18:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode Mode

How do I export a beamer presentation, embedded as a subtree in an org file?
I have attached a file with subtree properties defined as described on the
worg page - http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-beamer.php.

I expected 'C-c C-e 1 d' to do it, but the export is a article
documentclass, and is the entire document rather than just the subtree.
If I cut and paste the subtree to a separate file, and define the export
settings for beamer at the top of the file, I get the expected results
(documentclass[presentation]{beamer} (using C-c C-e d, since I am now have
the entire file, rather than a subtree).

I'm not sure if I have the properties defined improperly, or if I'm not
using the right command to export the subtree.

(Using 6.33trans, updated from git this morning.)

Thanks,
Jerry

* Fwd: Exporting subtree as beamer presentation
@ 2010-01-04 18:26 ` JBash
From: JBash @ 2010-01-04 18:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode Mode

Sorry - With attachments this time.
project1.org has the embedded presentation (CDR Presentation), and
cdr1.orgis that subtree placed in a separate file, adjusting the
settings
accordingly).
Thanks,
Jerry

How do I export a beamer presentation, embedded as a subtree in an org file?
I have attached a file with subtree properties defined as described on the
worg page - http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-beamer.php.

I expected 'C-c C-e 1 d' to do it, but the export is a article
documentclass, and is the entire document rather than just the subtree.
If I cut and paste the subtree to a separate file, and define the export
settings for beamer at the top of the file, I get the expected results
(documentclass[presentation]{beamer} (using C-c C-e d, since I am now have
the entire file, rather than a subtree).

I'm not sure if I have the properties defined improperly, or if I'm not
using the right command to export the subtree.

(Using 6.33trans, updated from git this morning.)

Thanks,
Jerry

[-- Attachment #2: project1.org --]

* Project 1
** Project Notes for Design
Tasks, Notes, Analysis
*** PDR Discussion
*** PDR Presentation
** Project Notes for Development
More Tasks, Notes and Analysis
*** CDR Discussion
Notes, Tasks, Highlights, Issues, Status
*** CDR Presentation
    :PROPERTIES:
    :LaTeX_CLASS: beamer
    :BEAMER_FRAME_LEVEL: 2
    :LaTeX_CLASS_OPTIONS: [presentation]
    :BEAMER_HEADER_EXTRA: \usetheme{Madrid}\usecolortheme{default}
    :COLUMNS: %40ITEM %10BEAMER_env(Env) %10BEAMER_envargs(Env Args) %4BEAMER_col(Col) %8BEAMER_extra(Extra)
    :TITLE: Project 1 CDR Presentation
    :END:
**** Overview
***** Welcome and Introduction
  - Agenda
  - Team
    - System
    - Hardware
    - Software
    - Test
    - PM
  - Programmatic Status
**** Update Development and Status

***** Hardware Development
****** HW Module 1						    :B_block:
       :PROPERTIES:
       :BEAMER_env: block
       :END:
 - Requirements
 - Design
 - Status
******  HW Module 2						    :B_block:
       :PROPERTIES:
       :BEAMER_env: block
       :END:
 - Requirements
 - Design
 - Status
***** Software Development
      :PROPERTIES:
      :END:
****** CS Module 1						    :B_block:
       :PROPERTIES:
       :BEAMER_env: block
       :END:
   - Requirements
   - Design
   - Status
****** CS Module 2						    :B_block:
       :PROPERTIES:
       :BEAMER_env: block
       :END:
   - Requirements
   - Design
   - Status
**** Integration Planning
***** Component Delivery
 - Status of various compenents and modules
***** Component / Module Testing
 - Hardware and software testing
***** System Integration Plan
****** Integration of components				    :B_block:
       :PROPERTIES:
       :BEAMER_env: block
       :END:
 - Acceptance Test and Delivery
**** Programmatic
***** Programatic Content				       :B_alertblock:
      :PROPERTIES:
      :BEAMER_env: alertblock
      :END:
 - Program Stuff

** Implementation Phase
** Integration Phase

[-- Attachment #3: cdr1.org --]

#+LaTeX_CLASS: beamer
#+BEAMER_FRAME_LEVEL: 3
#+LaTeX_CLASS_OPTIONS: [presentation]
#+BEAMER_HEADER_EXTRA: \usetheme{Madrid}\usecolortheme{default}
#+COLUMNS: %40ITEM %10BEAMER_env(Env) %10BEAMER_envargs(Env Args) %4BEAMER_col(Col) %8BEAMER_extra(Extra)
#+TITLE: Project 1 CDR Presentation

* CDR Presentation
  :PROPERTIES:
[...]

**** Programmatic Stuff					       :B_alertblock:
Very important point
     :PROPERTIES:
     :BEAMER_env: alertblock
     :END:

* Re: Fwd: Exporting subtree as beamer presentation
@ 2010-01-05 11:26   ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-01-05 11:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: JBash; +Cc: emacs-orgmode Mode

Hi Jerry,

I guess you do not have transient-mark-mode on?  When I turn it off, I
can
reproduce the bug you are reporting.

The current git release should have this fixed and work without
transient-mark-mode.

- Carsten

On Jan 4, 2010, at 7:26 PM, JBash wrote:

> Sorry - With attachments this time.
> project1.org has the embedded presentation (CDR Presentation), and
> cdr1.org is that subtree placed in a separate file, adjusting the
> settings accordingly).
> Thanks,
> Jerry

- Carsten