* elisp: link type isn't working
@ 2012-01-25  2:00 Alan E. Davis
From: Alan E. Davis @ 2012-01-25  2:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org-mode

I've been using an elisp function to open an encrypted file.  I borrowed
this setup from, I think, Sacha Chua's blog.  It's worked unfailingly for
at least a couple of years, until tonight.   I keep some sensitive
information in a file, "junk.org."  when encrypted using bcrypt, the file
is renamed "junk.org.bfe."

In my init files is a little function that runs bcrypt on the file,
prompting for the password:

(defun open-encrypted-file (fname)
  (interactive "FFind file: \n")
  (let ((buf (create-file-buffer fname)))
    (shell-command
     (concat "echo " (read-passwd "Decrypt password: ") " | bcrypt -o "
fname)
     buf)
    (set-buffer buf)
    (kill-line)(kill-line)
    (toggle-read-only)
    (not-modified)b)
  )

I use a file of links as a directory to some of my projects.   In this file
is a headling that stores this link (an org file):

[[elisp:(open-encrypted-file "~/WB/org/junk.org.bfe")][PassWord]]

Anymore, as of today, when I try to run this link, the following is
received:

" Symbol's function definition is void: org-in-clocktable-p"

I don't do anything with clocks.

Can someone suggest what might be going on?

Alan Davis

* Re: elisp: link type isn't working
@ 2012-01-25  4:28 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2012-01-25  4:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alan E. Davis; +Cc: nicholas.dokos, org-mode

Alan E. Davis <lngndvs@gmail.com> wrote:

> --f46d0442829ce6a93e04b750a2ca
>
> I've been using an elisp function to open an encrypted file.  I borrowed
> this setup from, I think, Sacha Chua's blog.  It's worked unfailingly for
> at least a couple of years, until tonight.   I keep some sensitive
> information in a file, "junk.org."  when encrypted using bcrypt, the file
> is renamed "junk.org.bfe."
>
> In my init files is a little function that runs bcrypt on the file,
> prompting for the password:
>
> (defun open-encrypted-file (fname)
>   (interactive "FFind file: \n")
>   (let ((buf (create-file-buffer fname)))
>     (shell-command
>      (concat "echo " (read-passwd "Decrypt password: ") " | bcrypt -o "
> fname)
>      buf)
>     (set-buffer buf)
>     (kill-line)(kill-line)
>     (toggle-read-only)
>     (not-modified)b)
>   )
>
> I use a file of links as a directory to some of my projects.   In this file
> is a headling that stores this link (an org file):
>
> [[elisp:(open-encrypted-file "~/WB/org/junk.org.bfe")][PassWord]]
>
> Anymore, as of today, when I try to run this link, the following is
> received:
>
> " Symbol's function definition is void: org-in-clocktable-p"
>
> I don't do anything with clocks.
>
> Can someone suggest what might be going on?

M-x toggle-debug-on-error

and post the backtrace.

Nick

* Re: elisp: link type isn't working
@ 2012-01-25  5:33   ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2012-01-25  5:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: org-mode, nicholas.dokos

Nick Dokos <nicholas.dokos@hp.com> wrote:

> Alan E. Davis <lngndvs@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > [[elisp:(open-encrypted-file "~/WB/org/junk.org.bfe")][PassWord]]
> >
> > Anymore, as of today, when I try to run this link, the following is
> > received:
> >
> > " Symbol's function definition is void: org-in-clocktable-p"
> >
> M-x toggle-debug-on-error
>
> and post the backtrace.

Never mind: you can probably work around the problem by adding

(require 'org-clock)

after org initialization in your .emacs (or wherever). If that
works, then we can worry about why it is needed.

Nick