* inline images outside org
@ 2014-06-05  6:54 Christoph Held GMX
From: Christoph Held GMX @ 2014-06-05  6:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi
I have recently switched from Aquamacs to railwaycat’s Emacs (https://github.com/railwaycat/emacs-mac-port) and noticed two things. First, inline images in org display really well and the erratic and jerky scrolling issues are completely gone, making inline images much more usable now. I don’t want to say anything bad about Aquamacs, which I enjoyed using but I don’t miss the more Mac-like alternative keystrokes much less than I thought I would. Perhaps it was about time to take the Emacs training wheels off. It is probably old news but railwaycat’s Emacs is really nice.

But secondly I noticed that Emacs displays inline images even outside org, e.g. the splash screen contains an image that doubles as a link to www.gnu.org when clicked.
How do I check the syntax of the underlying link of which I currently only see the pretty face? So far I have used Emacs really only to run org mode. This is probably where it shows that without the training wheels it is still a bumpy ride for me.

Christoph