* stop comments and weblinks from being coloured and names of directories from being italised, /etc/
@ 2012-05-22 20:47 Enda
From: Enda @ 2012-05-22 20:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Can there be an #+OPTION to stop comments and weblinks from being coloured and names of directories from being italised, /etc/

Best wishes,

Enda

* Re: stop comments and weblinks from being coloured and names of directories from being italised, /etc/
@ 2012-05-22 20:54 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2012-05-22 20:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Enda; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Enda <enda_k2@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Can there be an #+OPTION to stop comments and weblinks from being
> coloured and names of directories from being italised, /etc/

In what context?

Nick

* Re: stop comments and weblinks from being coloured and names of directories from being italised, /etc/
@ 2012-05-22 22:00   ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-05-22 22:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nicholas.dokos; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org, Enda

Nick Dokos <nicholas.dokos@hp.com> writes:

> Enda <enda_k2@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Can there be an #+OPTION to stop comments and weblinks from being
>> coloured and names of directories from being italised, /etc/
>
> In what context?

I guess the OP wants to hit M-x customize-face RET on comments and
links.

2 cents,

--
 Bastien

* Re: stop comments and weblinks from being coloured and names of directories from being italised, /etc/
@ 2012-05-22 22:08     ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2012-05-22 22:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: Enda, emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> wrote:

> Nick Dokos <nicholas.dokos@hp.com> writes:
>
> > Enda <enda_k2@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Can there be an #+OPTION to stop comments and weblinks from being
> >> coloured and names of directories from being italised, /etc/
> >
> > In what context?
>
> I guess the OP wants to hit M-x customize-face RET on comments and
> links.
>
> 2 cents,

Maybe - but maybe he is talking about export. If I had a bit more time
and energy, I might have ranted about having to administer a third degree
interrogation in order to elicit the relevant information, but I don't
have either, so I won't :-) Guessing is all we can do at this point.

BTW, we now have four cents between us.

Nick

* Re: stop comments and weblinks from being coloured and names of directories from being italised, /etc/
@ 2012-05-22 22:40       ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-05-22 22:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nicholas.dokos; +Cc: Enda, emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Nick Dokos <nicholas.dokos@hp.com> writes:

> BTW, we now have four cents between us.

Yes -- one day I'll count how much money has been spent in emails
that never got answered back :)

--
 Bastien

* Re: stop comments and weblinks from being coloured and names of directories from being italised, /etc/
@ 2012-05-22 22:43       ` Samuel Wales
From: Samuel Wales @ 2012-05-22 22:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nicholas.dokos; +Cc: Bastien, emacs-orgmode@gnu.org, Enda

I think comments don't get exported, so it must be just regular Org?

* Re: stop comments and weblinks from being coloured and names of directories from being italised, /etc/
@ 2012-05-22 22:58         ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-05-22 22:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Samuel Wales; +Cc: Enda, nicholas.dokos, emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

> I think comments don't get exported, so it must be just regular Org?

Indeed.  Hence my guess.

Thanks Samuel!  We spend cents, you spread wisdom :)

--
 Bastien

* Re: stop comments and weblinks from being coloured and names of directories from being italised, /etc/
@ 2012-05-23  0:27           ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2012-05-23  0:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: Enda, emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> wrote:

> Samuel Wales <samologist@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > I think comments don't get exported, so it must be just regular Org?
>
> Indeed.  Hence my guess.
>
> Thanks Samuel!  We spend cents, you spread wisdom :)

Hear, hear! One of these days I'll learn to read.

Nick

* Re: stop comments and weblinks from being coloured and names of directories from being italised, /etc/
@ 2012-05-25 16:38         ` Enda
From: Enda @ 2012-05-25 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Original Question: Can there be an #+OPTION to stop comments and weblinks from being coloured and names of directories from being italised, /etc/

In an org file that I use the hold code snippets, org-mode colors these which I do not want, is there a way to create an +OPTION: option that stops this.
Also I keep directory names in the org file like /usr/bin/ which in the org file as you know would become italicized. Main Headings are blue (* Heading), but also weblinks are blue, which highlights them and I do not want them to be highlighted.

Best wishes,

Enda

________________________________

@ 2012-07-05 15:59           ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-07-05 15:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Enda; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Enda <enda_k2@yahoo.com> writes:

> Also I keep directory names in the org file like /usr/bin/ which in
> the org file as you know would become italicized. Main Headings are
> blue (* Heading), but also weblinks are blue, which highlights them
> and I do not want them to be highlighted.

For this I simply suggest =/usr/bin/= instead of /usr/bin/

--
 Bastien