emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
 help / color / mirror / code / Atom feed
* bug or missing feature in undone repeating todos?
@ 2008-10-20 21:20 Wes Hardaker
  2008-10-21  3:27 ` Manish
  2008-10-21  6:11 ` Carsten Dominik
  0 siblings, 2 replies; 7+ messages in thread
From: Wes Hardaker @ 2008-10-20 21:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode


I have a bunch of todos that I like to do "about every other day" so I
do this:

  * TODO foo
    SCHEDULED: <2008-10-17 Fri +2d>

The problem comes when I missed the date on Friday and am looking at my
agenda on Monday.  I'd like it to show that I'm overdue on that instance
of the task (since I didn't complete it Friday).  The next week,
however, it doesn't show it on the agenda until Tuesday.

IMHO, if today is beyond the date of a repeating todo it should be shown
today regardless of the repeat setting until I reset the date by marking
it done (and having it autoskip forward).

(Actually, while I'm at it is there a way to get it to autoskip 2 days
from today rather than 2 days from the date in the stamp?)

-- 
"In the bathtub of history the truth is harder to hold than the soap,
 and much more difficult to find."  -- Terry Pratchett

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 7+ messages in thread

* Re: bug or missing feature in undone repeating todos?
  2008-10-20 21:20 bug or missing feature in undone repeating todos? Wes Hardaker
@ 2008-10-21  3:27 ` Manish
  2008-10-21 13:14   ` Wes Hardaker
  2008-10-21  6:11 ` Carsten Dominik
  1 sibling, 1 reply; 7+ messages in thread
From: Manish @ 2008-10-21  3:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wes Hardaker; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

  On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 2:50 AM, Wes Hardaker wrote:
  [snip]
  >
  > (Actually, while I'm at it is there a way to get it to autoskip 2 days
  > from today rather than 2 days from the date in the stamp?)

http://orgmode.org/manual/Repeated-tasks.html#Repeated-tasks

-- Manish

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 7+ messages in thread

* Re: bug or missing feature in undone repeating todos?
  2008-10-20 21:20 bug or missing feature in undone repeating todos? Wes Hardaker
  2008-10-21  3:27 ` Manish
@ 2008-10-21  6:11 ` Carsten Dominik
  2008-10-21 13:14   ` Wes Hardaker
  1 sibling, 1 reply; 7+ messages in thread
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-10-21  6:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wes Hardaker; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

In my agenda, his entry does show on Monday, as overdue for one day.

- Carsten

On Oct 20, 2008, at 11:20 PM, Wes Hardaker wrote:

>
> I have a bunch of todos that I like to do "about every other day" so I
> do this:
>
>  * TODO foo
>    SCHEDULED: <2008-10-17 Fri +2d>
>
> The problem comes when I missed the date on Friday and am looking at  
> my
> agenda on Monday.  I'd like it to show that I'm overdue on that  
> instance
> of the task (since I didn't complete it Friday).  The next week,
> however, it doesn't show it on the agenda until Tuesday.
>
> IMHO, if today is beyond the date of a repeating todo it should be  
> shown
> today regardless of the repeat setting until I reset the date by  
> marking
> it done (and having it autoskip forward).
>
> (Actually, while I'm at it is there a way to get it to autoskip 2 days
> from today rather than 2 days from the date in the stamp?)
>
> -- 
> "In the bathtub of history the truth is harder to hold than the soap,
> and much more difficult to find."  -- Terry Pratchett
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Emacs-orgmode mailing list
> Remember: use `Reply All' to send replies to the list.
> Emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
> http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/emacs-orgmode

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 7+ messages in thread

* Re: bug or missing feature in undone repeating todos?
  2008-10-21  6:11 ` Carsten Dominik
@ 2008-10-21 13:14   ` Wes Hardaker
  2008-10-21 13:37     ` Carsten Dominik
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 7+ messages in thread
From: Wes Hardaker @ 2008-10-21 13:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

>>>>> On Tue, 21 Oct 2008 08:11:43 +0200, Carsten Dominik <dominik@uva.nl> said:

CD> In my agenda, his entry does show on Monday, as overdue for one day.

Ahh...  the entries I have are straight stamps, not scheduled items.  IE

  * TODO foo <2008-10-17 Fri +2d>

I'll go fix that; thanks!
-- 
"In the bathtub of history the truth is harder to hold than the soap,
 and much more difficult to find."  -- Terry Pratchett

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 7+ messages in thread

* Re: bug or missing feature in undone repeating todos?
  2008-10-21  3:27 ` Manish
@ 2008-10-21 13:14   ` Wes Hardaker
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 7+ messages in thread
From: Wes Hardaker @ 2008-10-21 13:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Manish; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

>>>>> On Tue, 21 Oct 2008 08:57:55 +0530, Manish <mailtomanish.sharma@gmail.com> said:

>> (Actually, while I'm at it is there a way to get it to autoskip 2 days
>> from today rather than 2 days from the date in the stamp?)

M> http://orgmode.org/manual/Repeated-tasks.html#Repeated-tasks

Yep.  I knew there had to be a way.  Thanks!
-- 
"In the bathtub of history the truth is harder to hold than the soap,
 and much more difficult to find."  -- Terry Pratchett

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 7+ messages in thread

* Re: Re: bug or missing feature in undone repeating todos?
  2008-10-21 13:14   ` Wes Hardaker
@ 2008-10-21 13:37     ` Carsten Dominik
  2008-10-22 15:58       ` Wes Hardaker
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 7+ messages in thread
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-10-21 13:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wes Hardaker; +Cc: emacs-orgmode


On Oct 21, 2008, at 3:14 PM, Wes Hardaker wrote:

>>>>>> On Tue, 21 Oct 2008 08:11:43 +0200, Carsten Dominik <dominik@uva.nl 
>>>>>> > said:
>
> CD> In my agenda, his entry does show on Monday, as overdue for one  
> day.
>
> Ahh...  the entries I have are straight stamps, not scheduled  
> items.  IE
>
>  * TODO foo <2008-10-17 Fri +2d>

????? The example you had in your mail was:



On Oct 20, 2008, at 11:18 PM, Wes Hardaker wrote:
>
> I have a bunch of todos that I like to do "about every other day" so I
> do this:
>
>  * TODO foo
>    SCHEDULED: <2008-10-17 Fri +2d>


so some part of your brain did already know the answer..... :-)

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 7+ messages in thread

* Re: bug or missing feature in undone repeating todos?
  2008-10-21 13:37     ` Carsten Dominik
@ 2008-10-22 15:58       ` Wes Hardaker
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 7+ messages in thread
From: Wes Hardaker @ 2008-10-22 15:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

>>>>> On Tue, 21 Oct 2008 15:37:51 +0200, Carsten Dominik <dominik@uva.nl> said:

>> * TODO foo <2008-10-17 Fri +2d>

CD> ????? The example you had in your mail was:

Yep.  You're right that I blew the example and realized what the issue
was after reading your response.  See, you helped!
-- 
"In the bathtub of history the truth is harder to hold than the soap,
 and much more difficult to find."  -- Terry Pratchett

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 7+ messages in thread

end of thread, other threads:[~2008-10-22 15:59 UTC | newest]

Thread overview: 7+ messages (download: mbox.gz follow: Atom feed
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2008-10-20 21:20 bug or missing feature in undone repeating todos? Wes Hardaker
2008-10-21  3:27 ` Manish
2008-10-21 13:14   ` Wes Hardaker
2008-10-21  6:11 ` Carsten Dominik
2008-10-21 13:14   ` Wes Hardaker
2008-10-21 13:37     ` Carsten Dominik
2008-10-22 15:58       ` Wes Hardaker

Code repositories for project(s) associated with this public inbox

	https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git

This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for read-only IMAP folder(s) and NNTP newsgroup(s).