* TODOs and checkboxes
@ 2008-10-27 19:12 Sebastian Rose
                   ` (4 more replies)
From: Sebastian Rose @ 2008-10-27 19:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode Org-Mode

Empty lines between list items prevent the following items to count.

Is this intended?

The following Org-file demonstrates it:

------>8----------- snipp --------------->8----

* TODO [1/3] List of TODOs (NOTE: 1/3)

  + [X] one
  + [ ] one
  + [ ] one

* TODO [1/1] List of TODOs (NOTE: 1/1)

  + [X] one

  + [ ] one

  + [ ] one

------>8----------- snapp --------------->8----

Best,

--
Sebastian Rose, EMMA STIL - mediendesign, Niemeyerstr.6, 30449 Hannover

Tel.:  +49 (0)511 - 36 58 472
Fax:   +49 (0)1805 - 233633 - 11044
mobil: +49 (0)173 - 83 93 417
Email: s.rose at emma-stil de, sebastian_rose at gmx de
Http:  www.emma-stil.de

* Re: TODOs and checkboxes
@ 2008-10-27 21:42 ` Carsten Dominik
                   ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-10-27 21:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastian Rose; +Cc: emacs-orgmode Org-Mode

Hi Sebastian,

I cannot reproduce this.

- Carsten

On Oct 27, 2008, at 8:12 PM, Sebastian Rose wrote:

> Empty lines between list items prevent the following items to count.
>
> Is this intended?
>
> The following Org-file demonstrates it:
>
> ------>8----------- snipp --------------->8----
>
> * TODO [1/3] List of TODOs (NOTE: 1/3)
>
>  + [X] one
>  + [ ] one
>  + [ ] one
>

> * TODO [1/1] List of TODOs (NOTE: 1/1)
>
>  + [X] one
>
>  + [ ] one
>
>  + [ ] one
>
> ------>8----------- snapp --------------->8----
>

> Best,
>
> --
> Sebastian Rose, EMMA STIL - mediendesign, Niemeyerstr.6, 30449
> Hannover
>
> Tel.:  +49 (0)511 - 36 58 472
> Fax:   +49 (0)1805 - 233633 - 11044
> mobil: +49 (0)173 - 83 93 417
> Email: s.rose at emma-stil de, sebastian_rose at gmx de
> Http:  www.emma-stil.de

* Re: TODOs and checkboxes
@ 2008-10-28  6:30 ` Manish
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Manish @ 2008-10-28  6:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastian Rose; +Cc: emacs-orgmode Org-Mode

  On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 12:42 AM, Sebastian Rose wrote:

  > Empty lines between list items prevent the following items to count.
  >
  > Is this intended?
  >
  > The following Org-file demonstrates it:
  >
  > ------>8----------- snipp --------------->8----
  >
  > * TODO [1/3] List of TODOs (NOTE: 1/3)
  >
  > + [X] one
  > + [ ] one
  > + [ ] one
  >

  > * TODO [1/1] List of TODOs (NOTE: 1/1)
  >
  > + [X] one
  >
  > + [ ] one
  >
  > + [ ] one
  >
  > ------>8----------- snapp --------------->8----

Works for me.

--
Manish

* Re: TODOs and checkboxes
@ 2008-10-28 13:45 ` Chry Cheng
From: Chry Cheng @ 2008-10-28 13:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-orgmode Org-Mode

Sebastian Rose <sebastian_rose@gmx.de> writes:

> Empty lines between list items prevent the following items to count.
>
> Is this intended?
>
> The following Org-file demonstrates it:
>
> ------>8----------- snipp --------------->8----
>
> * TODO [1/3] List of TODOs (NOTE: 1/3)
>
>   + [X] one
>   + [ ] one
>   + [ ] one
>

> * TODO [1/1] List of TODOs (NOTE: 1/1)
>
>   + [X] one
>
>   + [ ] one
>
>   + [ ] one
>
> ------>8----------- snapp --------------->8----

Unable to replicate.  The second cookie updates when I hit C-c # or when
I hit C-c C-c on one of the check boxes.

Perhaps you can also provide us with the steps to take to replicate the
problem?

* Re: OrgmodeTODOs and checkboxes
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2008-10-28 14:06 ` Wes Hardaker
From: Wes Hardaker @ 2008-10-28 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastian Rose; +Cc: emacs-orgmode Org-Mode

SR> Empty lines between list items prevent the following items to count.

SR> Is this intended?

Your sample file works for me.  However, this one does not.  Maybe your
example didn't match your actual usage.  Note that if you indent the
"one one one..." line below a space further it starts counting again properly.

------> 8----------- snipp --------------->8----

* TODO [1/3] List of TODOs (NOTE: 1/3)

  + [X] one
  + [ ] one
  + [ ] one

* TODO [1/1] List of TODOs (NOTE: 1/1)

  + [X] one one

  one one one one one one one one one one one one one

  + [ ] one

  + [ ] one

------> 8----------- snipp --------------->8----

* Re: Re: OrgmodeTODOs and checkboxes
@ 2008-10-28 14:39   ` Pete Phillips
       [not found]     ` <87mygolgso.fsf@kassiopeya.MSHEIMNETZ>
From: Pete Phillips @ 2008-10-28 14:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wes Hardaker; +Cc: emacs-orgmode Org-Mode

    SR> Empty lines between list items prevent the following items to
    SR> count.

    SR> Is this intended?

    Wes> Your sample file works for me.  However, this one does not.
    Wes> Maybe your example didn't match your actual usage.  Note that
    Wes> if you indent the "one one one..." line below a space further
    Wes> it starts counting again properly.

Same here. Zero, one or two spaces at the start of the 'one one one'
line stop it counting. Three spaces is OK. (in fact anything above 3
appears to be OK).

Note also that a <TAB> at the start is acceptable as well.

Pete

* Re: TODOs and checkboxes
                   ` (3 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2008-10-28 18:44 ` Sebastian Rose
From: Sebastian Rose @ 2008-10-28 18:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode Org-Mode

Hi,

sorry for the noise. It was my setting of
`org-empty-line-terminates-plain-lists'.

Forgive me, if this is the second time I post this. I'm not shure if I
did and I still receive mail from people looking into this. That's why.

Regards,

  Sebastian

--

Email: s.rose@emma-stil.de, sebastian_rose@gmx.de
Http:  www.emma-stil.de

@ 2008-10-29 10:21       ` Pete Phillips
From: Pete Phillips @ 2008-10-29 10:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Morning all.

    Sebastian> Hi Pete,

    Sebastian> It is the intended behaviour.

    Sebastian> I just had to set `org-empty-line-terminates-plain-lists'
    Sebastian> to nil.

Hmmm - however I set that variable, I still get the issue that Wes' test
file demonstrated. That variable has always been set to nil in my setup
btw.

Are we talking about something different here ? (that is, have i
misunderstood some fundamental issue ?)

For what it's worth, howver I set that variable, my previous comments
apply:

    Wes> Your sample file works for me.  However, this one does not.
    Wes> Maybe your example didn't match your actual usage.  Note that
    Wes> if you indent the "one one one..." line below a space further
    Wes> it starts counting again properly.
* TODO [2/3] List of TODOs (NOTE: 1/1)