* Shortcut for adding text item?
@ 2010-02-18 18:28 Nathan Neff
From: Nathan Neff @ 2010-02-18 18:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I'm aware of the M-Ret shortcut for inserting a new heading.

Is there a shortcut for adding a text item to the current headline?

For example, I have a headline, with the cursor at <cursor> position:

* Some<cursor>thing

And I want to add a text line under the heading, with proper indentation.

Currently, I press Ctrl-E, then Return, but I'd like to have a shortcut like
M-j or something like that.

Any ideas?  Sorry if I'm missing an easy solution.  I think I've asked this
before, but
can't find my prev. e-mail.

--Nate

* Re: Shortcut for adding text item?
@ 2010-02-18 18:59 ` Stephan Schmitt
From: Stephan Schmitt @ 2010-02-18 18:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nathan Neff; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Nathan,

put this in your dotemacs file:

(eval-after-load "org"
   '(org-defkey org-mode-map (kbd "M-j")
	       (lambda () (interactive) (end-of-line) (org-return-indent))))

Hth,
	Stephan

Also sprach Nathan Neff:

@ 2010-02-18 19:26   ` Raffi R
From: Raffi R @ 2010-02-18 19:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephan Schmitt; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

C-return will also create a new headline from any point. Only seems to
work with headlines proper, though.

HTH,
- Raffi.

@ 2010-02-18 23:07   ` Łukasz Stelmach
From: Łukasz Stelmach @ 2010-02-18 23:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Stephan Schmitt <drmabuse@cs.tu-berlin.de> writes:

> Also sprach Nathan Neff:
>> For example, I have a headline, with the cursor at <cursor> position:
>>
>> * Some<cursor>thing
>>
>> And I want to add a text line under the heading, with proper indentation.
>>
>> Currently, I press Ctrl-E, then Return, but I'd like to have a
>> shortcut like M-j or something like that.
> put this in your dotemacs file:
>
> (eval-after-load "org"
>   '(org-defkey org-mode-map (kbd "M-j")
> 	       (lambda () (interactive) (end-of-line) (org-return-indent))))

How about unfolding subtree?

--
Miłego dnia,
Łukasz Stelmach

* Re: Re: Shortcut for adding text item?
@ 2010-02-19  9:53     ` Stephan Schmitt
From: Stephan Schmitt @ 2010-02-19  9:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Łukasz Stelmach; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Łukasz,

> Stephan Schmitt <drmabuse@cs.tu-berlin.de> writes:
>
>> Also sprach Nathan Neff:
>>> For example, I have a headline, with the cursor at <cursor> position:
>>>
>>> * Some<cursor>thing
>>>
>>> And I want to add a text line under the heading, with proper indentation.
>>>
>>> Currently, I press Ctrl-E, then Return, but I'd like to have a
>>> shortcut like M-j or something like that.
>> put this in your dotemacs file:
>>
>> (eval-after-load "org"
>>   '(org-defkey org-mode-map (kbd "M-j")
>> 	       (lambda () (interactive) (end-of-line) (org-return-indent))))

Also sprach Łukasz Stelmach:

> How about unfolding subtree?

good point...

(org-defkey org-mode-map (kbd "M-j")
	    '(lambda () (interactive)
	       (org-show-subtree) (end-of-line) (org-return-indent)))

Greetings,
	Stephan

* Re: Re: Shortcut for adding text item?
@ 2010-02-19 22:11       ` Nathan Neff
From: Nathan Neff @ 2010-02-19 22:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephan Schmitt; +Cc: Łukasz Stelmach, emacs-orgmode