* minted question
@ 2014-07-21 19:30 Manfred Lotz
From: Manfred Lotz @ 2014-07-21 19:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi there,
I have a an org file which gets exported to beamer. The following
example (although I do not know if there are errors) works fine.

Now I would like to get a frame around the perl code, and also line
numbers. How can I define this in the org file?

Manfred

Minimal example:

#+TITLE: My slides
#+AUTHOR: Manfred Lotz
#+EMAIL: manfred.lotz@yahoo.de
#+DATE: 2014-07-21
#+LaTeX_CLASS_options: [bigger, allowframebreaks]
#+LaTeX_HEADER: \usepackage{minted}
#+LaTeX_HEADER: \usemintedstyle{emacs}
#+TOC: headlines [currentsection]
#+startup: beamer
#+BEAMER_THEME: CambridgeUS
#+BEAMER_COLOR_THEME: dolphin
* Introduction
** A simple slide
The following contains some perl code
- a minimal perl example
  #+BEGIN_SRC perl
  #! /usr/bin/perl

  use strict;
  use warnings;
  use 5.010;

  say 'hey';
  #+END_SRC
- the previous point shows the use of the minted environment

* Re: minted question
@ 2014-07-21 19:53 ` Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2014-07-21 19:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Manfred Lotz; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Aloha Manfred,

You should be able to use attr_latex (untested).

Manfred Lotz <manfred.lotz@arcor.de> writes:

#+ATTR_LATEX: :options linenos=true frame=single
>   #+BEGIN_SRC perl
>   #! /usr/bin/perl
>
>   use strict;
>   use warnings;
>   use 5.010;
>
>   say 'hey';
>   #+END_SRC

hth,
Tom

--
Thomas S. Dye
http://www.tsdye.com

* Re: minted question
@ 2014-07-21 20:14   ` Manfred Lotz
From: Manfred Lotz @ 2014-07-21 20:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Tom,

On Mon, 21 Jul 2014 09:53:41 -1000
tsd@tsdye.com (Thomas S. Dye) wrote:

> Aloha Manfred,
>
> You should be able to use attr_latex (untested).
>
> Manfred Lotz <manfred.lotz@arcor.de> writes:
>
> #+ATTR_LATEX: :options linenos=true frame=single
> >   #+BEGIN_SRC perl
> >   #! /usr/bin/perl
> >
> >   use strict;
> >   use warnings;
> >   use 5.010;
> >
> >   say 'hey';
> >   #+END_SRC

Unfortunately, that doesn't work.

I also tried

  #+ATTR_LaTeX: :environment minted  :linenos true :frame single

which didn't do it either.

--
Manfred

* Re: minted question
@ 2014-07-21 20:48     ` Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2014-07-21 20:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Manfred Lotz; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Manfred,

Manfred Lotz <manfred.lotz@arcor.de> writes:

> Hi Tom,
>
> On Mon, 21 Jul 2014 09:53:41 -1000
> tsd@tsdye.com (Thomas S. Dye) wrote:
>
>> Aloha Manfred,
>>
>> You should be able to use attr_latex (untested).
>>
>> Manfred Lotz <manfred.lotz@arcor.de> writes:
>>
>> #+ATTR_LATEX: :options linenos=true frame=single
>> >   #+BEGIN_SRC perl
>> >   #! /usr/bin/perl
>> >
>> >   use strict;
>> >   use warnings;
>> >   use 5.010;
>> >
>> >   say 'hey';
>> >   #+END_SRC
>>

> Unfortunately, that doesn't work.

Yes, when I tried a slightly modified version here I got incorrect LaTeX
output:

 \begin{minted}[,linenos=true, frame=single]{perl}
 #! /usr/bin/perl

   use strict;
   use warnings;
   use 5.010;

   say 'hey';
 \end{minted}

Note the extraneous comma in the optional argument before "linenos".

I get what looks to be correct LaTeX export if I set options in the
variable org-latex-minted-options, as shown in the emacs-lisp code block
below.

 #+ATTR_LATEX: :options linenos=true, frame=single
 #+BEGIN_SRC perl
 #! /usr/bin/perl

   use strict;
   use warnings;
   use 5.010;

   say 'hey';
 #+END_SRC

 #+begin_src emacs-lisp
   (require 'ox-latex)
   (add-to-list 'org-latex-packages-alist '("" "minted"))
   (setq org-latex-listings 'minted)
   (setq org-latex-minted-options
     '(("linenos" "true") ("frame" "single")))
 #+end_SEC

Are you getting an extraneous comma with the #+attr_latex line?

All the best,
Tom

--
Thomas S. Dye
http://www.tsdye.com

* Re: minted question
@ 2014-07-22  4:23       ` Manfred Lotz
From: Manfred Lotz @ 2014-07-22  4:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Thomas,

On Mon, 21 Jul 2014 10:48:14 -1000
tsd@tsdye.com (Thomas S. Dye) wrote:

> Hi Manfred,
>
> Manfred Lotz <manfred.lotz@arcor.de> writes:
>
> > Hi Tom,
> >
> > On Mon, 21 Jul 2014 09:53:41 -1000
> > tsd@tsdye.com (Thomas S. Dye) wrote:
> >
> >> Aloha Manfred,
> >>
> >> You should be able to use attr_latex (untested).
> >>
> >> Manfred Lotz <manfred.lotz@arcor.de> writes:
> >>
> >> #+ATTR_LATEX: :options linenos=true frame=single

> > Unfortunately, that doesn't work.
>
> Yes, when I tried a slightly modified version here I got incorrect
> LaTeX output:
>
>  \begin{minted}[,linenos=true, frame=single]{perl}
>  #! /usr/bin/perl
>
>    use strict;
>    use warnings;
>    use 5.010;
>
>    say 'hey';
>  \end{minted}
>
> Note the extraneous comma in the optional argument before "linenos".
>
> I get what looks to be correct LaTeX export if I set options in the
> variable org-latex-minted-options, as shown in the emacs-lisp code
> block below.
>
>  #+ATTR_LATEX: :options linenos=true, frame=single
>  #+BEGIN_SRC perl
>  #! /usr/bin/perl
>
>    use strict;
>    use warnings;
>    use 5.010;
>
>    say 'hey';
>  #+END_SRC
>
>  #+begin_src emacs-lisp
>    (require 'ox-latex)
>    (add-to-list 'org-latex-packages-alist '("" "minted"))
>    (setq org-latex-listings 'minted)
>    (setq org-latex-minted-options
>      '(("linenos" "true") ("frame" "single")))
>  #+end_SEC
>
> Are you getting an extraneous comma with the #+attr_latex line?
>
> All the best,
> Tom

I do not get any extraneous comma. When using the #+attr_latex line
there is just nothing in the latex output.

I'm also confused about the emacs-lisp code snippet. I only get it
working if I either put it into my .emacs or evaluate it in the scratch
buffer. The way you wrote it the lisp code shows up in my document.
I messed around with :results but to no avail.

--
Best, Manfred

* Re: minted question
@ 2014-07-22  8:10         ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2014-07-22  8:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Manfred Lotz <manfred.lotz@arcor.de> writes:

> Hi Thomas,
>
> On Mon, 21 Jul 2014 10:48:14 -1000
> tsd@tsdye.com (Thomas S. Dye) wrote:
>
>> Hi Manfred,
>>
>> Manfred Lotz <manfred.lotz@arcor.de> writes:
>>
>> > Hi Tom,

>> > Unfortunately, that doesn't work.
>>
>> Yes, when I tried a slightly modified version here I got incorrect
>> LaTeX output:
>>
>>  \begin{minted}[,linenos=true, frame=single]{perl}
>>  #! /usr/bin/perl
>>
>>    use strict;
>>    use warnings;
>>    use 5.010;
>>
>>    say 'hey';
>>  \end{minted}
>>
>> Note the extraneous comma in the optional argument before "linenos".
>>
>> I get what looks to be correct LaTeX export if I set options in the
>> variable org-latex-minted-options, as shown in the emacs-lisp code
>> block below.
>>
>>  #+ATTR_LATEX: :options linenos=true, frame=single
>>  #+BEGIN_SRC perl
>>  #! /usr/bin/perl
>>
>>    use strict;
>>    use warnings;
>>    use 5.010;
>>
>>    say 'hey';
>>  #+END_SRC
>>
>>  #+begin_src emacs-lisp
>>    (require 'ox-latex)
>>    (add-to-list 'org-latex-packages-alist '("" "minted"))
>>    (setq org-latex-listings 'minted)
>>    (setq org-latex-minted-options
>>      '(("linenos" "true") ("frame" "single")))
>>  #+end_SEC
>>
>> Are you getting an extraneous comma with the #+attr_latex line?
>>
>> All the best,
>> Tom
>>

> I do not get any extraneous comma. When using the #+attr_latex line
> there is just nothing in the latex output.

Same here.

> I'm also confused about the emacs-lisp code snippet. I only get it
> working if I either put it into my .emacs or evaluate it in the scratch
> buffer. The way you wrote it the lisp code shows up in my document.
> I messed around with :results but to no avail.

Try putting it into its own :noexport: section (I also fixed the typo
below):

* Setup                                       :noexport:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
    (require 'ox-latex)
    (add-to-list 'org-latex-packages-alist '("" "minted"))
    (setq org-latex-listings 'minted)
    (setq org-latex-minted-options
      '(("linenos" "true") ("frame" "single")))
#+end_src

Nick

* Re: minted question
@ 2014-07-22 17:22           ` Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2014-07-22 17:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nick Dokos; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Nick Dokos <ndokos@gmail.com> writes:

>>> Are you getting an extraneous comma with the #+attr_latex line?
>>>
>>> All the best,
>>> Tom
>>>

>> I do not get any extraneous comma. When using the #+attr_latex line
>> there is just nothing in the latex output.
>>

> Same here.

Then none of us gets the result noted in the manual.

    The latter allows to specify options relative to the package used to
 highlight code in the output (e.g., ‘listings’).  This is the local
 counterpart to ‘org-latex-listings-options’ and
 ‘org-latex-minted-options’ variables, which see.

      #+ATTR_LATEX: :options commentstyle=\bfseries
      #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
        (defun Fib (n)                          ; Count rabbits.
          (if (< n 2) n (+ (Fib (- n 1)) (Fib (- n 2)))))
      #+END_SRC

All the best,
Tom

--
Thomas S. Dye
http://www.tsdye.com

* Re: minted question
@ 2014-07-25  6:33       ` Manfred Lotz
From: Manfred Lotz @ 2014-07-25  6:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Tom,

On Mon, 21 Jul 2014 10:48:14 -1000
tsd@tsdye.com (Thomas S. Dye) wrote:

> Hi Manfred,
>
> Manfred Lotz <manfred.lotz@arcor.de> writes:
>
> > Hi Tom,
> >
> > On Mon, 21 Jul 2014 09:53:41 -1000
> > tsd@tsdye.com (Thomas S. Dye) wrote:
> >
> >> Aloha Manfred,
> >>
> >> You should be able to use attr_latex (untested).
> >>
> >> Manfred Lotz <manfred.lotz@arcor.de> writes:
> >>
> >> #+ATTR_LATEX: :options linenos=true frame=single

> > Unfortunately, that doesn't work.
>
> Yes, when I tried a slightly modified version here I got incorrect
> LaTeX output:
>
>  \begin{minted}[,linenos=true, frame=single]{perl}
>  #! /usr/bin/perl
>
>    use strict;
>    use warnings;
>    use 5.010;
>
>    say 'hey';
>  \end{minted}
>
> Note the extraneous comma in the optional argument before "linenos".
>
> I get what looks to be correct LaTeX export if I set options in the
> variable org-latex-minted-options, as shown in the emacs-lisp code
> block below.
>
>  #+ATTR_LATEX: :options linenos=true, frame=single
>  #+BEGIN_SRC perl
>  #! /usr/bin/perl
>
>    use strict;
>    use warnings;
>    use 5.010;
>
>    say 'hey';
>  #+END_SRC
>
>  #+begin_src emacs-lisp
>    (require 'ox-latex)
>    (add-to-list 'org-latex-packages-alist '("" "minted"))
>    (setq org-latex-listings 'minted)
>    (setq org-latex-minted-options
>      '(("linenos" "true") ("frame" "single")))
>  #+end_SEC

In the end I did put the code into the .emacs file which isn't too bad
as I usually like to have those minted settings globally.

--
Best, Manfred