* Updating Worg: call to Worg authors
@ 2013-04-23 20:57 Jay Kerns
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Jay Kerns @ 2013-04-23 20:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode List

Hello there,

I started some work on this and pushed a worg-new-exporter branch to
Worg.  I followed Carsten's advice which I will repeat here for
convenience:

Given an existing Worg repository obtained by

$ git clone worg@orgmode.org:worg.git

Everybody else can hook onto this branch with

$ git checkout --track -b worg-new-exporter origin/worg-new-exporter

and then work in this branch and push it whenever they want.  Note you
will need commit access to the worg repository at orgmode.org; see
here for more info:

http://orgmode.org/worg/worg-git.html

After checking out the worg-new-exporter branch you will find a file

worgmap.org

in the root of the repository.  This file has headlines for every
single file/directory on Worg current as of last night some
time. Worgmap.org has TODO entries so we can keep track of what is
DONE, what is TODO, what is INPROGRESS, etc. We can also add AUTHOR
properties, etc, to help the update proceed smoothly.

CALL TO WORG AUTHORS:

- Please checkout the worg-new-exporter branch and update those files
  which are yours.
- Please mark DONE or INPROGRESS files in worgmap.org.
- If you cannot or are not able to update your files, please say so on
  the mailing list so other volunteers can update them instead.
  Alternatively, you can mark your files as ABANDONED in worgmap.org.

If you know of ways to streamline this update process, please feel
free to speak up and/or move forward with it immediately.  There are
~700 files on Worg to be checked, so we have a nontrivial job ahead
of us.

Thanks to John Hendy for some offlist brainstorming and advice - I
think worgmap.org is much better as a result.

--
Jay

P.S. I did a once-over to mark obvious things like *.png, *.pdf,
etc. as DONE.  I tried to be sparing to avoid false positives, though
I could have made some mistakes. Please fix any errors you find.

P.P.S. I inadvertently deleted a few directory names from the list when
I first started work.  This should be harmless, but if you notice
something missing feel free to add it back for completeness.