* New logo
@ 2013-04-01 17:20 Bastien
                   ` (7 more replies)
From: Bastien @ 2013-04-01 17:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

I've been trying hard to enhance the logo for the release of 8.0
and I gather that my attempts failed so far.  So instead of trying
to change the colors and the shape, I suddenly realized we could
simply find... a *better* animal.

What is the most appropriate symbol of why we all use Org-mode?

Yes, procrastination.  Fiddling with Emacs instead of achieving
the work we need to achieve.  Trying to convince ourselves that
this tiny Org feature will make us more proficient at our jobs,
instead of simply working.

I asked many Org friends during the last few weeks, and we all
agreed that an ostrich might be a good candidate.

So here it is -- I just updated the website accordingly:

  http://orgmode.org

I did spent a lot of time and energy on deciding this, and this
is not only me, but also many Org users I've asked, so please do
not discuss this change.

Hope you'll get used to it!

Best,

--