* how to change appearance of org-mode files on Github?
@ 2013-06-27  6:54 Peter Salazar
From: Peter Salazar @ 2013-06-27  6:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org-mode

Github supports org-mode files, and has a renderer that parses .org files
and converts them to HTML form. Headings appear in larger font, org tables
are converted to graphical HTML tables, etc.

Is there a way to control the way .org files appear on Github?

I tried adding some export options in the usual manner

but the options are not reflected.

Is this possible?

If not, what's the best way to automatically push to the web the most
version of a locally stored org-mode file without having to Export to HTML
every time I make a change?

* Re: how to change appearance of org-mode files on Github?
@ 2013-06-27  8:03 ` Suvayu Ali
From: Suvayu Ali @ 2013-06-27  8:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 02:54:18AM -0400, Peter Salazar wrote:
> Github supports org-mode files, and has a renderer that parses .org files
> and converts them to HTML form. Headings appear in larger font, org tables
> are converted to graphical HTML tables, etc.
>
> Is there a way to control the way .org files appear on Github?
>
> I tried adding some export options in the usual manner

> but the options are not reflected.
>
> Is this possible?

No.  The github parser is very basic and is outdated.

> If not, what's the best way to automatically push to the web the most
> version of a locally stored org-mode file without having to Export to HTML
> every time I make a change?

Since you are using git, you can try git push hooks.  For hints you can
look at the setup on Worg.

  <http://orgmode.org/worg/worg-setup.html>

Hope this helps,

--
Suvayu

* Re: how to change appearance of org-mode files on Github?
@ 2013-06-27 13:55   ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-06-27 13:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Suvayu Ali; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Suvayu Ali <fatkasuvayu+linux@gmail.com> writes:

>> Is this possible?
>
> No.  The github parser is very basic and is outdated.

... but we can still lobby the github team so that they
maintain and update it.  Never give up!  :)

--
 Bastien

* Re: how to change appearance of org-mode files on Github?
@ 2013-06-28  9:13 ` Karl Voit
From: Karl Voit @ 2013-06-28  9:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

* Peter Salazar <cycleofsong@gmail.com> wrote:

> Github supports org-mode files, and has a renderer that parses .org files
> and converts them to HTML form. Headings appear in larger font, org tables
> are converted to graphical HTML tables, etc.

If you want to know, what features are supported by github, take a
look at [1] where I summarized, what works and what not.

  1. https://github.com/novoid/github-orgmode-tests
--
mail|git|SVN|photos|postings|SMS|phonecalls|RSS|CSV|XML to Org-mode:

https://github.com/novoid/extract_pdf_annotations_to_orgmode + more on github