* [BUG] [contrib/org-koma-letter.el] #+DATE and #+TO_ADDRESS picked up from outside the current subtree
@ 2012-12-28 22:38 Viktor Rosenfeld
From: Viktor Rosenfeld @ 2012-12-28 22:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode; +Cc: Alan Schmitt, Nicolas Goaziou

I've configured the scrlttr2 exporter found in
contrib/lisp/org-koma-letter.el to write letters directly in org-mode.
I'm very happy with the results, but I've noticed the following bug: If
there are multiple letters defined in an org-file, the contents of every
#+DATE and #+TO_ADDRESS field will be picked up, even if the export is
restricted to the current subtree.

In the attached file, if you export the first letter with 3 k k from the
export dispatch menu, the address will read

   Max Mustermann
   Musterstraße 1
   12345 Musterstadt Moritz Mustermann
   Musterallee 10
   54321 Musterstadt

and the date will be set to December 28 from the second letter.

Regards,
Viktor

[-- Attachment #2: test.org --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 983 bytes --]

* Letter 1

#+AUTHOR: Viktor Rosenfeld
#+DATE: 1. Dezember 2012

#+LATEX_CLASS: my-letter

#+TO_ADDRESS: Max Mustermann\\
#+TO_ADDRESS: Musterstraße 1\\
#+TO_ADDRESS: 12345 Musterstadt

ich möchte mich auf diesem Wege bei ihrem Kollegen mit der
Dienstnummer 12055 bedanken. Ich hatte am 2. September 2012 meine
Brieftasche im Treptower Park verloren. Sie wurde später bei der
Polizei abgegeben und der Polizist brachte sie mir nach Hause. Ich
fand das überaus freundlich und hilfsbereit.

* Letter 2

#+AUTHOR: Viktor Rosenfeld
#+DATE: 28. Dezember 2012

#+LATEX_CLASS: my-letter

#+TO_ADDRESS: Moritz Mustermann\\
#+TO_ADDRESS: Musterallee 10\\
#+TO_ADDRESS: 54321 Musterstadt

ich möchte mich auf diesem Wege bei ihrem Kollegen mit der
Dienstnummer 12055 bedanken. Ich hatte am 2. September 2012 meine
Brieftasche im Treptower Park verloren. Sie wurde später bei der
Polizei abgegeben und der Polizist brachte sie mir nach Hause. Ich
fand das überaus freundlich und hilfsbereit.

* Re: [BUG] [contrib/org-koma-letter.el] #+DATE and #+TO_ADDRESS picked up from outside the current subtree
@ 2012-12-29 15:12 ` Alan Schmitt
From: Alan Schmitt @ 2012-12-29 15:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Viktor Rosenfeld; +Cc: Nicolas Goaziou, emacs-orgmode

Viktor Rosenfeld writes:

> Hi,
>
> I've configured the scrlttr2 exporter found in
> contrib/lisp/org-koma-letter.el to write letters directly in org-mode.
> I'm very happy with the results, but I've noticed the following bug: If
> there are multiple letters defined in an org-file, the contents of every
> #+DATE and #+TO_ADDRESS field will be picked up, even if the export is
> restricted to the current subtree.
>
> In the attached file, if you export the first letter with 3 k k from the
> export dispatch menu, the address will read
>
>    Max Mustermann
>    Musterstraße 1
>    12345 Musterstadt Moritz Mustermann
>    Musterallee 10
>    54321 Musterstadt
>
> and the date will be set to December 28 from the second letter.

If you want subtree exporting, the information should be in a
:PROPERTIES: drawer at the beginning of the thing to export. Here is
what I did for a recent letter:

#+BEGIN_SRC org
****** Lettre d'Accueil pour ...
:PROPERTIES:
:EXPORT_LATEX_CLASS: my-inria-fr-letter
:EXPORT_LCO: InriaRennesFR
:EXPORT_OPENING: ~
:EXPORT_CLOSING: ~
:END:

text text ...
#+END_SRC

Note that in such drawers, the name of the option has "EXPORT_" before it.

Hope this helps,

Alan

* Re: [BUG] [contrib/org-koma-letter.el] #+DATE and #+TO_ADDRESS picked up from outside the current subtree
@ 2012-12-29 19:18   ` Viktor Rosenfeld
From: Viktor Rosenfeld @ 2012-12-29 19:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alan Schmitt; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Alan,

Alan Schmitt wrote:

> If you want subtree exporting, the information should be in a
> :PROPERTIES: drawer at the beginning of the thing to export. Here is
> what I did for a recent letter:
>
> #+BEGIN_SRC org
> ****** Lettre d'Accueil pour ...
> :PROPERTIES:
> :EXPORT_LATEX_CLASS: my-inria-fr-letter
> :EXPORT_LCO: InriaRennesFR
> :EXPORT_OPENING: ~
> :EXPORT_CLOSING: ~
> :END:
>
> text text ...
> #+END_SRC
>
> Note that in such drawers, the name of the option has "EXPORT_" before it.

Of course! I know that, but I got confused while trying out the new
exporter. Thanks, anyway.

As an aside, what's the purpose of wrapping the letter in an org-mode
source block? Or did you just do that to wrap the example in the e-mail?

Cheers,
Viktor

* Re: [BUG] [contrib/org-koma-letter.el] #+DATE and #+TO_ADDRESS picked up from outside the current subtree
@ 2012-12-30  9:37     ` Alan Schmitt
From: Alan Schmitt @ 2012-12-30  9:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Viktor Rosenfeld; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Viktor Rosenfeld writes:

> As an aside, what's the purpose of wrapping the letter in an org-mode
> source block? Or did you just do that to wrap the example in the e-mail?

That was for the mail, as some mail reader then know how to nicely
display the code.

Alan