* [BUG] tags sparse tree broken
@ 2012-02-09  2:22 Suvayu Ali
From: Suvayu Ali @ 2012-02-09  2:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

I believe the sparse tree search is broken. It has been broken for a
while I think. Searching for tags returns no matches. I get the
following backtrace with debug enabled on a minimal emacs on using
`next-error' after a tag search which should return a positive result.

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "No more matches")
  signal(error ("No more matches"))
  error("No more matches")
  byte-code("\b`\305\"\211\x11\2036  org-occur-next-match(1 nil)
  next-error(nil)
  call-interactively(next-error nil nil)

To replicate this, open the attached org file and search for the tag Qn.

C-c / m Q n RET

I tried running a quick edebug on org-sparse-tree, but I am having a
problem in answering the prompt and stepping forward with the edebug
simultaneously. Hopefully someone else will have a better luck.

Suvayu

[-- Attachment #2: tag-test.org --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 224 bytes --]

* Bs⁰ decay
** Decay model								 :Qn:
1. Justify neglecting CP violation
   - in decay for the DsK channel
   - in Bs mixing for both DsK and Dsπ channels
2. Verify master equations

** Build PDF								 :Qn:

* Re: [BUG] tags sparse tree broken
@ 2012-02-12 18:41 ` David Maus
From: David Maus @ 2012-02-12 18:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

At Thu, 9 Feb 2012 03:22:55 +0100,
Suvayu Ali wrote:

> [1  <text/plain; UTF-8 (quoted-printable)>]
> Hi,
>
> I believe the sparse tree search is broken. It has been broken for a
> while I think. Searching for tags returns no matches. I get the
> following backtrace with debug enabled on a minimal emacs on using
> `next-error' after a tag search which should return a positive result.

I pushed a patch to master that should fix the problem. Sparse tree
search for a tag as outlined in the example works now in current
master the same way it did in Org 7.7.

It was not the matching that was broken, but the highlighting of the
matches.

Could you check if this problem is fixed for you?

Best,
  -- David
--
OpenPGP... 0x99ADB83B5A4478E6
Jabber.... dmjena@jabber.org

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 230 bytes --]

* Re: [BUG] tags sparse tree broken
@ 2012-02-12 20:48   ` suvayu ali
From: suvayu ali @ 2012-02-12 20:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi David,

On Sun, Feb 12, 2012 at 19:41, David Maus <dmaus@ictsoc.de> wrote:
> I pushed a patch to master that should fix the problem. Sparse tree
> search for a tag as outlined in the example works now in current
> master the same way it did in Org 7.7.
>
> It was not the matching that was broken, but the highlighting of the
> matches.
>
> Could you check if this problem is fixed for you?

Your patch fixes the problem. Thanks a lot. :)

--
Suvayu