Hi, I believe the sparse tree search is broken. It has been broken for a while I think. Searching for tags returns no matches. I get the following backtrace with debug enabled on a minimal emacs on using `next-error' after a tag search which should return a positive result. Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "No more matches") signal(error ("No more matches")) error("No more matches") byte-code("`\305\"\211\2036 org-occur-next-match(1 nil) next-error(nil) call-interactively(next-error nil nil) To replicate this, open the attached org file and search for the tag Qn. C-c / m Q n RET I tried running a quick edebug on org-sparse-tree, but I am having a problem in answering the prompt and stepping forward with the edebug simultaneously. Hopefully someone else will have a better luck. Thanks, -- Suvayu Open source is the future. It sets us free.