* Best way to use org-mode as a work log
@ 2009-12-19 15:50 Ethan Brown
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Ethan Brown @ 2009-12-19 15:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I've been an emacs user since about 1990, but have just recently
discovered org-mode.  It seems as if it would be very well suited to
use as my work log--I currently just use a regular text file.

Since a work log is based around daily entries, I'm wondering if
anyone can recommend the best way to use org-mode for such a purpose.
I perused the FAQs but didn't see anything.  Org-mode apparently
integrates with the emacs calendar/diary so there is probably a "right
way" to do this.  If there's a FM out there that deals with this I'm
happy to RTFM.

I read the excellent tutorial at
http://www.newartisans.com/2007/08/using-org-mode-as-a-day-planner.html about
using org-mode as a day planner, but a work log is somewhat different, as it's a
recount of the events and tasks worked on during the day.

Thanks for you help.