* checkboxes and agenda invisibility
@ 2009-02-01 20:44 John Rakestraw
From: John Rakestraw @ 2009-02-01 20:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I noticed today that, at least in my set-up, setting these variables
this way:

(setq org-agenda-dim-blocked-tasks 'invisible)
(setq org-enforce-todo-checkbox-dependencies t)

means that a TODO task with checkboxes doesn't get included in the
agenda. However, the sub-tasks in the checkbox list don't get included,
either. So the TODO task with checkboxes doesn't show up in the agenda.

It makes sense given the way the variables work. However, I wonder if
it makes more sense for a task with checklisted sub-tasks to be
included in the agenda so that the tasks and sub-tasks don't get lost.
Or, to put the point slightly differently, I think that a TODO that's
blocked because it has dependent TODOs might be treated differently in
agenda listings than a TODO that's blocked because it has dependent
checklist items.

Not a big deal to me because I don't typically use checkboxes for TODO
items. But I thought I'd raise it for consideration.

--John

* Re: checkboxes and agenda invisibility
@ 2009-02-02 12:35 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-02-02 12:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Rakestraw; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Good point, but non-trivial to implement.  I'll put it on the list.

- Carsten

@ 2009-02-19 10:14 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-02-19 10:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Rakestraw; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi John,

I agree with your reasoning and have implemented this.
Tasks that are blocked because of checkboxes will not be made
invisible, only dim.