emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
 help / color / mirror / code / Atom feed
* Searching SCHEDULED/DEADLINE properties turns up spurious headings
@ 2009-01-09 23:32 Hsiu-Khuern Tang
  2009-01-10 20:54 ` Carsten Dominik
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 5+ messages in thread
From: Hsiu-Khuern Tang @ 2009-01-09 23:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I find that doing a tags search for SCHEDULED or DEADLINE turns up headings
that do not have any schedule or deadlines.

Using the example from http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/10274:

,----
| #+SEQ_TODO: NEXT WAITING | DONE
| #+STARTUP: overview
| 
| * DONE Test1
|    CLOSED: [2009-01-07 Wed 12:26]
| 
| * NEXT Test2
|    DEADLINE: <2009-01-28 Wed>
| 
| * Test3
`----

If I type

    C-c \ +DEADLINE<="<2009-01-28>" <RET>

all three headlines are selected!  I expected to match the second headline
only.

-- 
Best,
Hsiu-Khuern.

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: Searching SCHEDULED/DEADLINE properties turns up spurious headings
  2009-01-09 23:32 Searching SCHEDULED/DEADLINE properties turns up spurious headings Hsiu-Khuern Tang
@ 2009-01-10 20:54 ` Carsten Dominik
  2009-01-12 17:50   ` Hsiu-Khuern Tang
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 5+ messages in thread
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-01-10 20:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hsiu-Khuern Tang; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Hsiu,

I believe this is a misunderstanding.  You are constructing
a sparse tree.  Sparse tree always show all top-level headlines.
The search really only matches the second one, as you can see from
the highlighted stars.

Sparse tree make a lot more sense when the entries to be matched are
not top-level.

- Carsten



On Jan 10, 2009, at 12:32 AM, Hsiu-Khuern Tang wrote:

> I find that doing a tags search for SCHEDULED or DEADLINE turns up  
> headings
> that do not have any schedule or deadlines.
>
> Using the example from http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/10274 
> :
>
> ,----
> | #+SEQ_TODO: NEXT WAITING | DONE
> | #+STARTUP: overview
> |
> | * DONE Test1
> |    CLOSED: [2009-01-07 Wed 12:26]
> |
> | * NEXT Test2
> |    DEADLINE: <2009-01-28 Wed>
> |
> | * Test3
> `----
>
> If I type
>
>    C-c \ +DEADLINE<="<2009-01-28>" <RET>
>
> all three headlines are selected!  I expected to match the second  
> headline
> only.
>
> -- 
> Best,
> Hsiu-Khuern.
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Emacs-orgmode mailing list
> Remember: use `Reply All' to send replies to the list.
> Emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
> http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/emacs-orgmode

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: Searching SCHEDULED/DEADLINE properties turns up spurious headings
  2009-01-10 20:54 ` Carsten Dominik
@ 2009-01-12 17:50   ` Hsiu-Khuern Tang
  2009-01-13  9:35     ` Carsten Dominik
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 5+ messages in thread
From: Hsiu-Khuern Tang @ 2009-01-12 17:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

* On Sat 08:54PM +0000, 10 Jan 2009, Carsten Dominik (dominik@science.uva.nl) wrote:
> Hi Hsiu,
> 
> I believe this is a misunderstanding.  You are constructing
> a sparse tree.  Sparse tree always show all top-level headlines.
> The search really only matches the second one, as you can see from
> the highlighted stars.

When I run that search (C-c \ +DEADLINE<="<2009-01-28>" <RET>), all the three
headlines have highlighted stars.  (I am running Org-mode 6.17trans.)

> - Carsten
> 
> 
> 
> On Jan 10, 2009, at 12:32 AM, Hsiu-Khuern Tang wrote:
> 
> > I find that doing a tags search for SCHEDULED or DEADLINE turns up  
> > headings
> > that do not have any schedule or deadlines.
> >
> > Using the example from http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/10274 
> > :
> >
> > ,----
> > | #+SEQ_TODO: NEXT WAITING | DONE
> > | #+STARTUP: overview
> > |
> > | * DONE Test1
> > |    CLOSED: [2009-01-07 Wed 12:26]
> > |
> > | * NEXT Test2
> > |    DEADLINE: <2009-01-28 Wed>
> > |
> > | * Test3
> > `----
> >
> > If I type
> >
> >    C-c \ +DEADLINE<="<2009-01-28>" <RET>
> >
> > all three headlines are selected!  I expected to match the second  
> > headline
> > only.

-- 
Best,
Hsiu-Khuern.

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: Searching SCHEDULED/DEADLINE properties turns up spurious headings
  2009-01-12 17:50   ` Hsiu-Khuern Tang
@ 2009-01-13  9:35     ` Carsten Dominik
  2009-01-13 18:06       ` Hsiu-Khuern Tang
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 5+ messages in thread
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-01-13  9:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hsiu-Khuern Tang; +Cc: emacs-orgmode


On Jan 12, 2009, at 6:50 PM, Hsiu-Khuern Tang wrote:

> * On Sat 08:54PM +0000, 10 Jan 2009, Carsten Dominik (dominik@science.uva.nl 
> ) wrote:
>> Hi Hsiu,
>>
>> I believe this is a misunderstanding.  You are constructing
>> a sparse tree.  Sparse tree always show all top-level headlines.
>> The search really only matches the second one, as you can see from
>> the highlighted stars.
>
> When I run that search (C-c \ +DEADLINE<="<2009-01-28>" <RET>), all  
> the three
> headlines have highlighted stars.  (I am running Org-mode 6.17trans.)

Hi Hsiu,

thanks for insisting.  You are right, there was a bug.

Fixed now.

- Carsten

>
>
>> - Carsten
>>
>>
>>
>> On Jan 10, 2009, at 12:32 AM, Hsiu-Khuern Tang wrote:
>>
>>> I find that doing a tags search for SCHEDULED or DEADLINE turns up
>>> headings
>>> that do not have any schedule or deadlines.
>>>
>>> Using the example from http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/10274
>>> :
>>>
>>> ,----
>>> | #+SEQ_TODO: NEXT WAITING | DONE
>>> | #+STARTUP: overview
>>> |
>>> | * DONE Test1
>>> |    CLOSED: [2009-01-07 Wed 12:26]
>>> |
>>> | * NEXT Test2
>>> |    DEADLINE: <2009-01-28 Wed>
>>> |
>>> | * Test3
>>> `----
>>>
>>> If I type
>>>
>>>   C-c \ +DEADLINE<="<2009-01-28>" <RET>
>>>
>>> all three headlines are selected!  I expected to match the second
>>> headline
>>> only.
>
> -- 
> Best,
> Hsiu-Khuern.
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Emacs-orgmode mailing list
> Remember: use `Reply All' to send replies to the list.
> Emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
> http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/emacs-orgmode

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: Searching SCHEDULED/DEADLINE properties turns up spurious headings
  2009-01-13  9:35     ` Carsten Dominik
@ 2009-01-13 18:06       ` Hsiu-Khuern Tang
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 5+ messages in thread
From: Hsiu-Khuern Tang @ 2009-01-13 18:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

* On Tue 09:35AM +0000, 13 Jan 2009, Carsten Dominik (dominik@science.uva.nl) wrote:
> 
> On Jan 12, 2009, at 6:50 PM, Hsiu-Khuern Tang wrote:
> 
> > * On Sat 08:54PM +0000, 10 Jan 2009, Carsten Dominik (dominik@science.uva.nl 
> > ) wrote:
> >> Hi Hsiu,
> >>
> >> I believe this is a misunderstanding.  You are constructing
> >> a sparse tree.  Sparse tree always show all top-level headlines.
> >> The search really only matches the second one, as you can see from
> >> the highlighted stars.
> >
> > When I run that search (C-c \ +DEADLINE<="<2009-01-28>" <RET>), all  
> > the three
> > headlines have highlighted stars.  (I am running Org-mode 6.17trans.)
> 
> Hi Hsiu,
> 
> thanks for insisting.  You are right, there was a bug.
> 
> Fixed now.
> 
> - Carsten

It does work now!  Thank you very much for fixing this!

-- 
Best,
Hsiu-Khuern.

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

end of thread, other threads:[~2009-01-13 18:08 UTC | newest]

Thread overview: 5+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2009-01-09 23:32 Searching SCHEDULED/DEADLINE properties turns up spurious headings Hsiu-Khuern Tang
2009-01-10 20:54 ` Carsten Dominik
2009-01-12 17:50   ` Hsiu-Khuern Tang
2009-01-13  9:35     ` Carsten Dominik
2009-01-13 18:06       ` Hsiu-Khuern Tang

Code repositories for project(s) associated with this inbox:

	https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git

This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for read-only IMAP folder(s) and NNTP newsgroup(s).