* Searching SCHEDULED/DEADLINE properties turns up spurious headings
@ 2009-01-09 23:32 Hsiu-Khuern Tang
From: Hsiu-Khuern Tang @ 2009-01-09 23:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

I find that doing a tags search for SCHEDULED or DEADLINE turns up headings
that do not have any schedule or deadlines.

Using the example from http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/10274:

,----
| #+SEQ_TODO: NEXT WAITING | DONE
| #+STARTUP: overview
|
| * DONE Test1
|    CLOSED: [2009-01-07 Wed 12:26]
|
| * NEXT Test2
|    DEADLINE: <2009-01-28 Wed>
|
| * Test3
`----

If I type

    C-c \ +DEADLINE<="<2009-01-28>" <RET>

all three headlines are selected!  I expected to match the second headline
only.

--
Best,
Hsiu-Khuern.

* Re: Searching SCHEDULED/DEADLINE properties turns up spurious headings
@ 2009-01-10 20:54 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-01-10 20:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hsiu-Khuern Tang; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hi Hsiu,

I believe this is a misunderstanding.  You are constructing
a sparse tree.  Sparse tree always show all top-level headlines.
The search really only matches the second one, as you can see from
the highlighted stars.

Sparse tree make a lot more sense when the entries to be matched are
not top-level.

- Carsten

@ 2009-01-12 17:50   ` Hsiu-Khuern Tang
From: Hsiu-Khuern Tang @ 2009-01-12 17:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

* On Sat 08:54PM +0000, 10 Jan 2009, Carsten Dominik (dominik@science.uva.nl) wrote:
> Hi Hsiu,
>
> I believe this is a misunderstanding.  You are constructing
> a sparse tree.  Sparse tree always show all top-level headlines.
> The search really only matches the second one, as you can see from
> the highlighted stars.

When I run that search (C-c \ +DEADLINE<="<2009-01-28>" <RET>), all the three
headlines have highlighted stars.  (I am running Org-mode 6.17trans.)

--

@ 2009-01-13  9:35     ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-01-13  9:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hsiu-Khuern Tang; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

On Jan 12, 2009, at 6:50 PM, Hsiu-Khuern Tang wrote:

> * On Sat 08:54PM +0000, 10 Jan 2009, Carsten Dominik (dominik@science.uva.nl
> ) wrote:
>> Hi Hsiu,
>>
>> I believe this is a misunderstanding.  You are constructing
>> a sparse tree.  Sparse tree always show all top-level headlines.
>> The search really only matches the second one, as you can see from
>> the highlighted stars.
>
> When I run that search (C-c \ +DEADLINE<="<2009-01-28>" <RET>), all
> the three
> headlines have highlighted stars.  (I am running Org-mode 6.17trans.)

Hi Hsiu,

thanks for insisting.  You are right, there was a bug.

Fixed now.

- Carsten

@ 2009-01-13 18:06       ` Hsiu-Khuern Tang
From: Hsiu-Khuern Tang @ 2009-01-13 18:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

* On Tue 09:35AM +0000, 13 Jan 2009, Carsten Dominik (dominik@science.uva.nl) wrote:

> On Jan 12, 2009, at 6:50 PM, Hsiu-Khuern Tang wrote:
>
> > * On Sat 08:54PM +0000, 10 Jan 2009, Carsten Dominik (dominik@science.uva.nl
> > ) wrote:
> >> Hi Hsiu,
> >>
> >> I believe this is a misunderstanding.  You are constructing
> >> a sparse tree.  Sparse tree always show all top-level headlines.
> >> The search really only matches the second one, as you can see from
> >> the highlighted stars.
> >
> > When I run that search (C-c \ +DEADLINE<="<2009-01-28>" <RET>), all
> > the three
> > headlines have highlighted stars.  (I am running Org-mode 6.17trans.)
>
> Hi Hsiu,
>
> thanks for insisting.  You are right, there was a bug.
>
> Fixed now.
>
> - Carsten

It does work now!  Thank you very much for fixing this!

--
Best,
Hsiu-Khuern.