* Timestamps only for workdays
@ 2008-10-21 13:35 Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs
From: Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs @ 2008-10-21 13:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hiho!

I'm using org with the same set of files both at work and at home
(synchronized via svn at the moment).

I have regular tasks that I do every day, but some only on workdays.

I'd like to have a robust way to specify that a certain task should be
executed Monday-Friday. When I tick it as DONE on Friday, the schedule
should switch to the next Monday.

I've tried specifying several timestamps with ++1w, each for a
different day, but that is not robust. For some reason, org will
always switch the first timestamp one week forward, in addition to the
one for the current day.

( just +1w doesn't help either )

Is there a solution for this already? Otherwise I guess this is a
feature request. :)

Kind regards
     FDF
--
        Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs <friedel@nomaden.org>

* Re: Timestamps only for workdays
@ 2008-10-21 14:10 ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2008-10-21 14:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs <friedel@nomaden.org> writes:

> I'm using org with the same set of files both at work and at home
> (synchronized via svn at the moment).
>
> I have regular tasks that I do every day, but some only on workdays.
>
> I'd like to have a robust way to specify that a certain task should be
> executed Monday-Friday. When I tick it as DONE on Friday, the schedule
> should switch to the next Monday.
>
> I've tried specifying several timestamps with ++1w, each for a
> different day, but that is not robust. For some reason, org will
> always switch the first timestamp one week forward, in addition to the
> one for the current day.
>
> ( just +1w doesn't help either )
>
> Is there a solution for this already? Otherwise I guess this is a
> feature request. :)

I copy the task into 5 tasks and make them repeat weekly (Monday,
Tuesday, ..., Friday)  That works well enough for me but I don't have
lots of these types of tasks.

-Bernt

* Re: Re: Timestamps only for workdays
@ 2008-10-21 20:14   ` Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs
From: Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs @ 2008-10-21 20:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Bernt Hansen schrieb:
> I copy the task into 5 tasks and make them repeat weekly (Monday,
> Tuesday, ..., Friday)  That works well enough for me but I don't have
> lots of these types of tasks.

I don't like that workaround, as I can't have a lot of information
added to those tasks that way... or I'd need to replicate or link it.

My current workaround is to simply manually shift the tasks over the
weekend on monday :) It's only 2 keystrokes per task, but still I'd
like org to handle that.

--
        Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs <friedel@nomaden.org>

[-- Attachment #1.2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 197 bytes --]

* Re: Timestamps only for workdays
@ 2008-10-21 20:24 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-10-21 20:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: friedel; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Friedrich,

I don't know a work-around other than what Bernt proposed, or other
than living with the fact that these entries will show up uselessly,
during the weekend.

I don't see a pressing need to add this, time stamps are complex enough.

You have easily have things only on weekends, using diary sexp
entries, but not tasks, sorry.

- Carsten