* [Babel] Unexpected behavior evaluating function source blocks defined in a list
@ 2010-12-21 14:28 Scott May
From: Scott May @ 2010-12-21 14:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I noticed that when I evaluate a function whose definition is embedded in a
list, the function does not evaluate if it is embedded in a list with no blank
line preceding /and/ the function is indented. The function can be evaluated as
expected with either a blank line preceding the definition or with no
indentation of the source block.

* Org snippet:

+ This works as I expect with a blank line preceding the source block:

  #+source: square(x)
  #+begin_src emacs-lisp
    (* x x)
  #+end_src

  #+call: square(x=3)

  #+results: square(x=3)
  : 9

+ Or if the source block is not indented:
#+source: cube(x)
#+begin_src emacs-lisp
  (* x x x)
#+end_src

#+call: cube(x=3)

#+results: cube(x=3)
: 27

+ But if I don't have a blank line, and the source block is indented,
  the bullet text gets incorporated into a table along with the
  source block:
  #+source: quartic(x)
  #+begin_src emacs-lisp
    (* x x x x)
  #+end_src

  #+call: quartic(x=3)

  #+results: quartic(x=3)
  | But if I don't have a blank line, and the source block is indented,\n  the
bullet text gets incorporated into a table along with the\n  source block:\n
 #+source: quartic(x)\n  #+begin_src emacs-lisp\n    (* x x x x)\n  #+end_src |

only message in thread, other threads:[~2010-12-21 14:28 UTC | newest]