* Vararg macros, and code block as macro?
@ 2018-07-26 14:33 Diego Zamboni
From: Diego Zamboni @ 2018-07-26 14:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-mode

I have two somewhat related questions:

1. Is there a way for macros to check how many arguments were passed, and
change its output depending on this? At the moment I found a solution using
an =(eval...)= macro, which checks the values of $1, $2, etc. and produces
the appropriate string. It works, but I wonder if there's a more org-native
way.

2. Related to my workaround above, I am wondering if there's a way to refer
to a source block as the macro definition. At the moment I just joined my
whole elisp block into a single line for the macro definition, but I would
love to have it in a proper source block so I can edit it properly, have
indentation and syntax highlighting, etc.

If anyone is interested, here's my current code:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/zzamboni/zzamboni.org/master/content-org/zzamboni.org.
You can see the "hsapi" macro, and a source block right below its
definition, with the code, which for now has been joined together in the
macro line.

Thanks!
--Diego

* Re: Vararg macros, and code block as macro?
@ 2018-07-26 15:21 ` Kaushal Modi
From: Kaushal Modi @ 2018-07-26 15:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Diego Zamboni; +Cc: Org-mode

Hello Diego,

I can try to answer your second question.

On Thu, Jul 26, 2018 at 10:35 AM Diego Zamboni <diego@zzamboni.org> wrote:

> 2. Related to my workaround above, I am wondering if there's a way to
> refer to a source block as the macro definition. At the moment I just
> joined my whole elisp block into a single line for the macro definition,
> but I would love to have it in a proper source block so I can edit it
> properly, have indentation and syntax highlighting, etc.

How about adding this to your emacs config:

(defun my/org-macro-keys-code (str)
  "Split STR at spaces and wrap each element with `~' char, separated by
`+'."
  (mapconcat (lambda (s)
               (concat "~" s "~"))
             (split-string str)
             (concat (string ?\u200B) "+" (string ?\u200B))))

Make sure that that always evaluates before you do Org exports, and then
simply use this in your Org files:

#+macro: keys (eval (my/org-macro-keys-code $1))
{{{keys("Ctrl c Ctrl e H H")}}}

PS: Thanks for sharing that code! You are following the vision of ox-hugo..
replacing Hugo shortcodes with Org macros :+1: :)
--

Kaushal Modi

* Re: Vararg macros, and code block as macro?
@ 2018-07-26 15:39   ` Kaushal Modi
From: Kaushal Modi @ 2018-07-26 15:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Diego Zamboni; +Cc: Org-mode

Similary, how about this for your first question:

In your emacs config:

(defun my/org-macro-hsapi-code (link anchor desc)
  (let* ((link-1 (if (org-string-nw-p anchor)
                     (concat link "#" anchor)
                   link))
         (desc-1 (or (org-string-nw-p desc) link-1)))
    (concat "[[http://www.hammerspoon.org/docs/" link-1 "][" desc-1 "]]")))

In your Org file:

#+macro: hsapi (eval (my/org-macro-hsapi-code $1 $2 $3))
{{{hsapi(hs.notify)}}}
{{{hsapi(hs.notify,show)}}}
{{{hsapi(hs.notify,show,Foo)}}}
--

Kaushal Modi

* Re: Vararg macros, and code block as macro?
@ 2018-07-26 19:01   ` Diego Zamboni
From: Diego Zamboni @ 2018-07-26 19:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kaushal Modi; +Cc: Diego Zamboni, Org-mode