* agenda mode
@ 2007-01-25 18:11 J. David Boyd
From: J. David Boyd @ 2007-01-25 18:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Can someone verify something for me?

I thought that, when in agenda mode, using Diary, I saw the day. and then the
diary entries.  However, now I am seeing the diary entries, then the day.

Now, for example, I see

Wednesday 24 January 2007
Thursday 25 January 2007
  Diary:      13:00...... Go to bank
Friday 26 January 2007
Saturday 27 January 2007

To me, the above says that my Diary entries are happening on Thursday.

However, in my diary, I have

&Friday 13:00 Go to bank

Any ideas, am I missing something obvious, or does the rest of the world and
org work this way and I somehow never noticed it before?

TIA,

Dave in Largo, FL

* Re: agenda mode
@ 2007-01-25 20:19 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-01-25 20:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: J. David Boyd; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Yes, there is a new bug which seems to have to do with timezones - I'll
look into it.

- Carsten

On Jan 25, 2007, at 19:11, J. David Boyd wrote:

> Can someone verify something for me?
>
> I thought that, when in agenda mode, using Diary, I saw the day. and
> then the
> diary entries.  However, now I am seeing the diary entries, then the
> day.
>
> Now, for example, I see
>
> Wednesday 24 January 2007
> Thursday 25 January 2007
>   Diary:      13:00...... Go to bank
> Friday 26 January 2007
> Saturday 27 January 2007
>

> To me, the above says that my Diary entries are happening on Thursday.
>
> However, in my diary, I have
>
> &Friday 13:00 Go to bank
>

> Any ideas, am I missing something obvious, or does the rest of the
> world and
> org work this way and I somehow never noticed it before?
>

> TIA,
>
> Dave in Largo, FL

Carsten Dominik
Universiteit van Amsterdam
Kruislaan 403
NL-1098SJ Amsterdam
phone: +31 20 525 7477

* Re: agenda mode
@ 2007-01-25 20:28   ` J. David Boyd
From: J. David Boyd @ 2007-01-25 20:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Thanks.  I've been having the same problem at work lately, where I think
things have changed, but they haven't?  So, I wasn't too certain that
something was wrong...

Dave

Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> writes:

> Yes, there is a new bug which seems to have to do with timezones - I'll look
> into it.
>
> - Carsten
>
> On Jan 25, 2007, at 19:11, J. David Boyd wrote:
>

>> Can someone verify something for me?
>>
>> I thought that, when in agenda mode, using Diary, I saw the day. and
>> then the
>> diary entries.  However, now I am seeing the diary entries, then the
>> day.
>>
>> Now, for example, I see
>>
>> Wednesday 24 January 2007
>> Thursday 25 January 2007
>>   Diary:      13:00...... Go to bank
>> Friday 26 January 2007
>> Saturday 27 January 2007
>>

>> To me, the above says that my Diary entries are happening on Thursday.
>>
>> However, in my diary, I have
>>
>> &Friday 13:00 Go to bank
>>

>> Any ideas, am I missing something obvious, or does the rest of the
>> world and
>> org work this way and I somehow never noticed it before?
>>

>> TIA,
>>
>> Dave in Largo, FL

* org-mode 4.63 (was: agenda mode)
@ 2007-01-25 20:32 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-01-25 20:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: J. David Boyd; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

I have just uploaded 4.63 which fixes this problem for now -
with the side effect that the format of agenda dates is no longer
customizable.  Will take more time to figure out how to fix this.
Anyway, 4.63 works again, sorry for the hickup.

Raman, the link navigation commands are in there as well.

Thanks, David, for the report!

- Carsten

http://www.astro.uva.nl/~dominik/Tools/org/

On Jan 25, 2007, at 19:11, J. David Boyd wrote:

> Can someone verify something for me?
>
> I thought that, when in agenda mode, using Diary, I saw the day. and
> then the
> diary entries.  However, now I am seeing the diary entries, then the
> day.
>
> Now, for example, I see
>
> Wednesday 24 January 2007
> Thursday 25 January 2007
>   Diary:      13:00...... Go to bank
> Friday 26 January 2007
> Saturday 27 January 2007
>

> To me, the above says that my Diary entries are happening on Thursday.
>
> However, in my diary, I have
>
> &Friday 13:00 Go to bank
>

> Any ideas, am I missing something obvious, or does the rest of the
> world and
> org work this way and I somehow never noticed it before?
>

> TIA,
>
> Dave in Largo, FL

Carsten Dominik
Universiteit van Amsterdam
Kruislaan 403
NL-1098SJ Amsterdam
phone: +31 20 525 7477

* Re: org-mode 4.63 (was: agenda mode)
@ 2007-01-25 21:27   ` Ed Hirgelt
From: Ed Hirgelt @ 2007-01-25 21:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On 1/25/07, Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> wrote:

> I have just uploaded 4.63 which fixes this problem for now -

Both 4.62 & 4.63 suffer from another problem, perhaps limited to XEmacs.

In  org-agenda-mode  org-set-local is called like this:

  (org-set-local 'buffer-substring-filters
         (cons (lambda (x) (set-text-properties 0 (length x) nil x) x)
               buffer-substring-filters))

Unfortunately, buffer-substring-filters is evaluated before it  is created
resulting in an error.
I've patched my version temporarily  like this (which is a bit redundant):

  ;; Make sure properties are removed when copying text
  (make-local-variable 'buffer-substring-filters)
  (org-set-local 'buffer-substring-filters
         (cons (lambda (x) (set-text-properties 0 (length x) nil x) x)
               buffer-substring-filters))

Thanks,
Ed

* org-mode 4.63 (was: [Orgmodelink navigation
@ 2007-01-27 18:43   ` T. V. Raman
From: T. V. Raman @ 2007-01-27 18:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, david

Thanks for adding org-next-link and org-previous-link.

Couple of nit requests: could these be made to cycle through the
buffer a la isearch -- rather than failing silently when on the
first (or last) link as happens at present with org-next-link (org-previous-link).

    Carsten> I have just uploaded 4.63 which fixes this problem
    Carsten> for now - with the side effect that the format of
    Carsten> agenda dates is no longer customizable.  Will take
    Carsten> more time to figure out how to fix this.  Anyway,
    Carsten> 4.63 works again, sorry for the hickup.
    Carsten>
    Carsten> Raman, the link navigation commands are in there as
    Carsten> well.
    Carsten>
    Carsten> Thanks, David, for the report!
    Carsten>
    Carsten> - Carsten
    Carsten>
    Carsten> http://www.astro.uva.nl/~dominik/Tools/org/
    Carsten>
    Carsten> On Jan 25, 2007, at 19:11, J. David Boyd wrote:
    Carsten>

> Can someone verify something for me?
    >>
    >> I thought that, when in agenda mode, using Diary, I saw
    >> the day. and then the diary entries.  However, now I am
    >> seeing the diary entries, then the day.
    >>
    >> Now, for example, I see
    >>
    >> Wednesday 24 January 2007 Thursday 25 January 2007 Diary:
    >> 13:00...... Go to bank Friday 26 January 2007 Saturday 27
    >> January 2007
    >>

    >> To me, the above says that my Diary entries are happening
    >> on Thursday.
    >>
    >> However, in my diary, I have
    >>
    >> &Friday 13:00 Go to bank
    >>

    >> Any ideas, am I missing something obvious, or does the
    >> rest of the world and org work this way and I somehow
    >> never noticed it before?
    >>

    >> TIA,
    >>
    >> Dave in Largo, FL

Carsten Dominik Sterrenkundig Instituut "Anton Pannekoek"
    Carsten> Universiteit van Amsterdam Kruislaan 403 NL-1098SJ
    Carsten> Amsterdam phone: +31 20 525 7477

 --Raman

--
Best Regards,