* org-agenda-todo-list-sublevels bug?
@ 2006-05-24 10:53 Christian Egli
From: Christian Egli @ 2006-05-24 10:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I really like the option to hide TODOs that are part of a bigger TODO,
for example

* TODO Organize party
** TODO Invite people
** TODO Find location

Thanks to the option org-agenda-todo-list-sublevels my agenda only
contains the "Organize party" task and is not cluttered with the
subtasks.

However if I schedule the task "Organize Party" the subtasks show up in
the "ALL CURRENTLY OPEN TODO ITEMS". I guess the code to skip the
subtasks should not only be in org-agenda-get-todos but also in
org-agenda-get-scheduled and possibly all org-agenda-get-* functions.

Thanks.
--
Christian Egli, Senior Consultant
Novell (Schweiz) AG, Leutschenbachstrasse 41, 8050 Zürich

* Re: org-agenda-todo-list-sublevels bug?
@ 2006-05-24 13:39 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2006-05-24 13:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christian Egli; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On May 24, 2006, at 12:53, Christian Egli wrote:

> I really like the option to hide TODOs that are part of a bigger TODO,
> for example
>
> * TODO Organize party
> ** TODO Invite people
> ** TODO Find location
>
> Thanks to the option org-agenda-todo-list-sublevels my agenda only
> contains the "Organize party" task and is not cluttered with the
> subtasks.
>
> However if I schedule the task "Organize Party" the subtasks show up in
> the "ALL CURRENTLY OPEN TODO ITEMS".

I cannot reproduce this.  Scheduling makes no difference for what is
shown in "All currently open tasks".

- Carsten

> I guess the code to skip the
> subtasks should not only be in org-agenda-get-todos but also in
> org-agenda-get-scheduled and possibly all org-agenda-get-* functions.
>
> Thanks.
> --
> Christian Egli, Senior Consultant
> Novell (Schweiz) AG, Leutschenbachstrasse 41, 8050 Zürich
> Tel. +41 43 299 75 46 direct, Tel. +41 43 299 78 00, Fax: +41 43 299
> 75 01

Carsten Dominik
Universiteit van Amsterdam
Kruislaan 403
NL-1098SJ Amsterdam
phone: +31 20 525 7477

* Re: org-agenda-todo-list-sublevels bug?
@ 2006-06-01 15:07 ` Christian Egli
From: Christian Egli @ 2006-06-01 15:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all

On Wed, 2006-05-24 at 12:53 +0200, Christian Egli wrote:
> I really like the option to hide TODOs that are part of a bigger TODO,
> for example
>
> * TODO Organize party
> ** TODO Invite people
> ** TODO Find location
>
> Thanks to the option org-agenda-todo-list-sublevels my agenda only
> contains the "Organize party" task and is not cluttered with the
> subtasks.
>
> However if I schedule the task "Organize Party" the subtasks show up in
> the "ALL CURRENTLY OPEN TODO ITEMS". I guess the code to skip the
> subtasks should not only be in org-agenda-get-todos but also in
> org-agenda-get-scheduled and possibly all org-agenda-get-* functions.

Attached is the test org file and my .emacs. The version of org-mode is
4.35 (from CVS). The *Org Agenda* Buffer looks as follows:

ALL CURRENTLY OPEN TODO ITEMS:
  test:       TODO Invite people
  test:       TODO Find location
Monday    29 May 2006
Tuesday   30 May 2006
Wednesday 31 May 2006
Thursday   1 June 2006
  test:       Scheduled:  TODO Organize party
Friday     2 June 2006
Saturday   3 June 2006
Sunday     4 June 2006

[-- Attachment #2: test.org --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 97 bytes --]

* TODO Organize party
  SCHEDULED: <2006-06-01 Thu>
** TODO Invite people
** TODO Find location

[-- Attachment #3: .emacs --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 1724 bytes --]

(add-to-list 'load-path (expand-file-name "~/.emacs.d/site-lisp"))

(tool-bar-mode 0)

;; org mode
(require 'org-install)
(add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.org$" . org-mode))
(define-key global-map "\C-cl" 'org-store-link)
(define-key global-map "\C-ca" 'org-agenda)

;; gnus
(setq gnus-select-method '(nntp "news.gmane.org"))

(custom-set-variables
  ;; custom-set-variables was added by Custom.
 '(auto-compression-mode t nil (jka-compr))
 '(browse-url-netscape-program "firefox")
 '(calendar-week-start-day 1)
 '(canlock-password "b115bbc37f05787a0dc94884edbc7a16f96238d2")
 '(case-fold-search t)
 '(current-language-environment "UTF-8")
 '(default-input-method "rfc1345")
 '(delete-selection-mode nil)
 '(dired-recursive-copies (quote top))
 '(dired-recursive-deletes (quote top))
 '(global-font-lock-mode t nil (font-lock))
 '(gnus-use-adaptive-scoring (quote (word)))
 '(org-agenda-files (quote ("~/test.org")))
 '(org-agenda-include-all-todo t)
 '(org-agenda-todo-ignore-scheduled t)
 '(org-agenda-todo-list-sublevels nil)
 '(org-agenda-use-time-grid nil)
 '(org-icalendar-include-todo t)
 '(scroll-bar-mode (quote right))
 '(show-paren-mode t)
 '(tex-dvi-view-command "xdvi")
 '(transient-mark-mode t))
(custom-set-faces
  ;; custom-set-faces was added by Custom.
 )

(put 'dired-find-alternate-file 'disabled nil)

(put 'narrow-to-region 'disabled nil)

* Re: org-agenda-todo-list-sublevels bug?
@ 2006-06-01 22:00   ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2006-06-01 22:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christian Egli; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

OK, there is indeed a bug, exposed because of your setting

    (setq org-agenda-todo-ignore-scheduled t)

which I don't have and therefore the bug did not happen for me.  Thanks
for taking the time to make me a test file, and for including your
complete configuration.

I have fixed this for the next version.  I am not sure if you realize
this, but this will mean that your example todo list will be completely
empty. You ask Org-mode to not treat scheduled items as "open", and you
also ask it to ignore the subitems of any TODO.  The first setting
makes it skip the first headline, the second setting makes it skip the
other two.

Thanks

- Carsten

@ 2006-06-02 13:12     ` T. V. Raman
From: T. V. Raman @ 2006-06-02 13:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Here's one for the list:

Now that we have xhtml output, and CSS support, it might be nice
to introduce support for microformats -- starting with things
like hcard and hcalendar.

    Carsten> OK, there is indeed a bug, exposed because of your
    Carsten> setting
    Carsten>
    Carsten>     (setq org-agenda-todo-ignore-scheduled t)
    Carsten>
    Carsten> which I don't have and therefore the bug did not
    Carsten> happen for me.  Thanks for taking the time to make
    Carsten> me a test file, and for including your complete
    Carsten> configuration.
    Carsten>
    Carsten> I have fixed this for the next version.  I am not
    Carsten> sure if you realize this, but this will mean that
    Carsten> your example todo list will be completely empty. You
    Carsten> ask Org-mode to not treat scheduled items as "open",
    Carsten> and you also ask it to ignore the subitems of any
    Carsten> TODO.  The first setting makes it skip the first
    Carsten> headline, the second setting makes it skip the other
    Carsten> two.
    Carsten>
    Carsten> Thanks
    Carsten>
    Carsten> - Carsten
    Carsten>
    Carsten> On Jun 1, 2006, at 17:07, Christian Egli wrote:
    Carsten>
    >> Hi all
    >>
    >> On Wed, 2006-05-24 at 12:53 +0200, Christian Egli wrote:
    >>> I really like the option to hide TODOs that are part of a
    >>> bigger TODO, for example
    >>>
    >>> * TODO Organize party ** TODO Invite people ** TODO Find
    >>> location
    >>>
    >>> Thanks to the option org-agenda-todo-list-sublevels my
    >>> agenda only contains the "Organize party" task and is not
    >>> cluttered with the subtasks.
    >>>
    >>> However if I schedule the task "Organize Party" the
    >>> subtasks show up in the "ALL CURRENTLY OPEN TODO
    >>> ITEMS". I guess the code to skip the subtasks should not
    >>> only be in org-agenda-get-todos but also in
    >>> org-agenda-get-scheduled and possibly all
    >>> org-agenda-get-* functions.
    >>
    >> Attached is the test org file and my .emacs. The version
    >> of org-mode is 4.35 (from CVS). The *Org Agenda* Buffer
    >> looks as follows:
    >>
    >> ALL CURRENTLY OPEN TODO ITEMS: test: TODO Invite people
    >> test: TODO Find location Monday 29 May 2006 Tuesday 30 May
    >> 2006 Wednesday 31 May 2006 Thursday 1 June 2006 test:
    >> Scheduled: TODO Organize party Friday 2 June 2006 Saturday
    >> 3 June 2006 Sunday 4 June 2006
    >>
    >> <test.org><.emacs>_______________________________________________
    >>
    Carsten> --
Carsten Dominik Sterrenkundig Instituut "Anton Pannekoek"
    Carsten> Universiteit van Amsterdam Kruislaan 403 NL-1098SJ
    Carsten> Amsterdam phone: +31 20 525 7477

Best Regards,
--raman

Email:  raman@users.sf.net