* Use Emacs' default value of "bidi-paragraph-direction" in orgmode
@ 2018-06-15 10:32 ST
From: ST @ 2018-06-15 10:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Please leave the Emacs' default value of "bidi-paragraph-direction"
which is "nil" in orgmode as well. Right now orgmode seems to force
"left-to-right", thus blocking "right-to-left". With "nil" it is
dynamic, which means both directions work well out-of-the box.

Right now I'm forced to add this to my config:

(add-hook 'org-mode-hook
          (lambda ()
            (setq bidi-paragraph-direction nil)))

It took me a lot of time to figure out, which makes the first Org steps
for RTL-newbies quite frustrating...

Please, let me know if you decide to fix this in the upcoming versions.

Thank you!